Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:34 PM

208 posts, read 833,272 times

Advertisements

What cities and towns would be considered affluent and wealthy areas in San Bernardino County??

Does such a place exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 08:48 PM

194 posts, read 503,302 times
There are some ritzy lodges and homes near Big Bear Lake and Lake Arrowhead. Also, upper Redlands / San Timeteo Canyon have some nice upper scale homes.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:52 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,779,503 times
Rancho Cucamonga (Alta Loma especially)
Chino Hills
San Antonio Heights/North Upland
Lake Arrowhead
parts of Big Bear Lake

Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,764,481 times
Why the rolled eyes?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Why the rolled eyes?
Because I question such a place...until I heard of Indian Wells. Now my eyes go.....

Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,917,067 times
Indian Wells is in Riverside County, near me ..... but it isn't "all that". It's nice but there are better places in Palm Desert, La Quinta, and Rancho Mirage.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Indian Wells is in Riverside County, near me ..... but it isn't "all that". It's nice but there are better places in Palm Desert, La Quinta, and Rancho Mirage.
You're right. I stand corrected.

I think I'm a little tired right now.

What I meant to write is Rancho Cucamonga. That is the only affluent town I could think of in SB Co.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 AM

185 posts, read 509,227 times
There are plenty of affluent places in SB Co, such as the ones previously mentioned. And besides, even most middle class socal neighborhoods are relatively affluent compared to the rest of the US

Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Cowboys Fan View Post
There are plenty of affluent places in SB Co, such as the ones previously mentioned. And besides, even most middle class socal neighborhoods are relatively affluent compared to the rest of the US
That's true AND most middle class neighbors also would have a block of McMansions.

Marietta and Temecula come to mind. Known for being affordable and middle class. But you can easily find mansions in those parts. But that's Riverside.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,349,655 times
Almost every town and city in Southern California has a mansion or two hidden away somewhere!

And all the bigger towns and small cities have parts that are more affluent. If there is a hospital, then you have doctors that need to live nearby. If you have a drugstore, then you probably have a pharmacist or two that want to live in town. If you have a court in the city, then you may have some lawyers. And if you have senior citizens, you can bet that a few of them have millions in the bank, and a house that reflects that fact.

I was driving around a small city in Riverside County today that is considered very low income, and I randomly turned up a little street that went up a hill, overlooking the city, and there were a dozen really nice houses up there. Never would have guessed it, driving by on the main road.

If you're really curious about where the wealthy areas are, you can start with Realtor.com - just do a search for any city you're curious about, and then sort the results by price - sometimes you can find some real surprises that way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties