Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:01 PM

37 posts, read 166,864 times

Advertisements

Hello, I live in Fontana. I have lived here pretty much my entire life. I live in southridge(south Fontana) and I love it. I live by village park. I see many people walking their dogs in the morning but especially at night around 6pm. I consider it to be a safe neighborhood. By safe I mean most parents will let their children run around the neighborhood without worrying about them. The parents here look out for all the children, not just their own. the neighbors are very friendly. Occasionally, I do hear loud music, but that is just on/around the holidays. I have had friends who say people play loud music. Saying that, if you move to Fontana I strongly erge you to move in the "middle class" neighborhoods. Most of the crime that does happen occurs around southridge middle school and chapperal elementrary school. Those are the cheaper houses (150k-175k). I lived there and it wasnt that bad. But now that I live by Village Park, it is much safer. I also enjoy going on hikes in the hill that is a 5 minute walk from my house. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 06:07 PM

185 posts, read 511,956 times
Agree with all of the above. North Fontana should be just fine for the OP, in fact you may even love it. People love to spread wild exaggerations about Fontana, but the north side is a actually pretty nice.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:16 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,184 times
I know Fontana quite well. I lived in Heritage for several years and loved it. It felt safe and I would go running around the entire area, 4 mile run btw! I still run there when I want a flat run. Not really N. Fontana but kinda feels like it. It's also really close to Victoria Gardens. If you are into church, Water of Life is inside it.

I nearly purchased a home in Southridge in 2009. That area isn't for me, really isolated and too far from the freeways. From what I remember, there was a small HOA and a mello-roos which was why I backed out of the home.

N. Fontana is nice but I know the HOA's are steep and I don't get why. Most communities don't have a pool, park, or a ton of grass to cut.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,020,088 times
North fontana in the foothills is nice.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM

37 posts, read 166,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I know Fontana quite well. I lived in Heritage for several years and loved it. It felt safe and I would go running around the entire area, 4 mile run btw! I still run there when I want a flat run. Not really N. Fontana but kinda feels like it. It's also really close to Victoria Gardens. If you are into church, Water of Life is inside it.

I nearly purchased a home in Southridge in 2009. That area isn't for me, really isolated and too far from the freeways. From what I remember, there was a small HOA and a mello-roos which was why I backed out of the home.

N. Fontana is nice but I know the HOA's are steep and I don't get why. Most communities don't have a pool, park, or a ton of grass to cut.
I have to disagree with you when you speak about Southridge. There are three freeways around us. We sit between the 10 freeway and the 60 freeway. On the west is the 15 freeway so there is not trouble getting to the freeways. You can look at a map if you disagree. Southridge is not isolated. There are many stores in the area including Staterbrothers and Riteaid. We are a 15 minute drive from the Ontario Mall which has many shopping stores around it and great places to eat such as Olive Gardens, Market Broiler, and BJ's Resturant.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,862,607 times
"Help I need the honest truth about Fontana please" asks the OP.

I'm glad he clarified wanting the honest truth - that way we don't give him the dishonest truth or honest lies.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,020,265 times
Don't knock COPS, it's kind of become my version of the Travel Channel. Episodes are often shot in cities that I'm interested in such as Phoenix, Vegas, Van Nuys, and of cities of the inland empire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Well the producers of the TV show "COPS" seem to prefer Fontana as a filming location.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times
Never thought of it that way, but it kind of makes sense. I guess I would have to concede "The First 48" is my Travel Channel.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 7,507 times
Listen to your common sense..
The only reason I live here in Fontana is because I am here to fight for what is fair and right...
I moved here to this rat hole called South Ridge in 2004
back than I was new in town and all the ghetto trash tried
entemidateing me or scarring me to sale..
But being of strong will and a military back ground I stood my ground.
It seems to me that most people here in South Ridge are at the bottom of
the of the list.....as far as education and ethics and have no concern for there neighbors property or privacy...I once asked an officer from the San Bernardino Sherriff why it was that these people were still out at 12-2am and he told me that they still had that LA mentality....lol that sure told me allot about my fellow neighbors here..... Anyhow I try to do my part and report crime and people lottering.. sooner or later the pressure should move them out!

Last edited by jonney12; 06-02-2014 at 04:57 PM..

Old 06-18-2014, 10:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,913 times
I work in Fontana. It's not as bad as it's cracked up to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties