Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 02:58 PM

4 posts, read 15,232 times

Advertisements

Rancho Mirage is for "Barely Alive Republicans" Better to move you and your kidlets to Marina Del Rey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 PM

961 posts, read 2,566,461 times
Now you tell me! We've already moved ourselves to the desert and back out again. Very beautiful scenery, but the area just wasn't us. We're more Northern California types.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:03 PM

4 posts, read 17,275 times
Default Green in the Coachella Valley--Palm Springs to Indio

For any and all information about the green and sustainable happenings in the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Indio, etc.) then go to Coachella Valley Green - Home It is a free resource for local residents and businesses.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynetarzana View Post
Now you tell me! We've already moved ourselves to the desert and back out again. Very beautiful scenery, but the area just wasn't us. We're more Northern California types.
What did you like/dislike about it if you don't mind my asking?
I think it's beautiful too, but long for more trees and cooler weather. Not sure how long it will take, but hope to move someday.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,426 times
The schools in Cathderal City are in the Pam Springs Unified School District. They are all excellent schools

Old 06-06-2009, 12:47 PM

139 posts, read 530,369 times
Does anyone know anything about Idyllwild? I used to love it, but I don't know if it has been ruined, or
is still nice.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:12 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
Does anyone know anything about Idyllwild? I used to love it, but I don't know if it has been ruined, or
is still nice.
Idyllwild is still absolutely gorgeous. I love that town. It's my relief from the heat here in La Quinta during the summer. I was just there about 2 weeks ago. I walked around all the shops downtown, and that bar-be-que restaurant was playing some live 70's music. Good times.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM

4 posts, read 17,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Idyllwild is still absolutely gorgeous. I love that town. It's my relief from the heat here in La Quinta during the summer. I was just there about 2 weeks ago. I walked around all the shops downtown, and that bar-be-que restaurant was playing some live 70's music. Good times.
I agree Karla, Idyllwild is great and is still a quaint small town just about an hour drive from the desert. We too go up there every summer--rent a house for August--and enjoy the summertime away from the heat. We lived in Colorado years ago and it reminds us a lot of that. We are really fortunate to live so close to mountains and trees here in the desert...and we are only two hours from the beach as well. Not every location has allows a person to enjoy so many climates in such a short amount of time.

Old 11-20-2009, 05:35 AM

2 posts, read 4,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeCalifornia View Post
During the windy time of year or when they are "scalping" lawns and golf courses, the pollen count can be quite high.
Hopefully a thing of the past according to this article:
Reduce Dust With Smart Scalping

Old 05-04-2010, 09:18 PM

286 posts, read 678,158 times
I cannot recall the exact day/month/year that I first set eyes on Rancho Mirage...but let us say 1972.....I stopped at a little gasoline station/full serve,I believe and if you know anything about our deserts back then......there was a hush of quiet and solitude.If you are old enough ,you can remember few people..a car once in awhile...the awesome sun..majestic mountains and lack of humidity.
On a tip from a gent..we drove our rental car up Pinyon Crest Drive with hope that we would catch a glimpse of Frank Sinatra ,who around that time had moved there because of the pollution and poor air quality of LA. I got out of the car halfway or more up this road when my then wife spotted a helipad or something with binoculars.It was August I think...but I love dry heat and felt no monsoon affect....but anyway....a late model sedan started the very long trip down the driveway to the fence to keep mere mortals like us out.We waited and watched for what seemed like an eternity.Two large men stepped out of the car,very slowly......"yous lost or sompun?" the ITALIAN AMERICAN MAN ASKED? his expensive suit flapping in the wind."NO,I WAS HOPING TO GET A GLIMPSE OF MY HERO MR.S" I said. "WE CAN'T SAY KID,BUT I THINK YOUS ARE TRESPASSIN YOU KNOW?"
Being an Irish/Italian AMERICAN,I feel that I was ok letting anyone who reads this let me poke fun at the way my Mom's side of the family spoke/speak.
I do know that Rancho Mirage has grown and it saddens,I do not like change or crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties