Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:20 AM
WJD

38 posts, read 195,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaala4 View Post
How would the commute be from Hesperia
Very slow and very long. Rt 15 has gotten very congested.

Rancho Cucamonga is a nice area. Good schools, well planed community Homes priced 400's-1 mil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 AM

76 posts, read 399,948 times
They are working on the 15 right now so it can be a nightmare at times. I think a lot depends on when your commute is. We are looking into the high desert again as we use to live in Apple Valley and might again. My husband will commute down to Fontana and has many teaachers at his schoool who do the commute from Apple Valley, Hesperia and Victorville, none seem to mind tomuch but if you need to go to OC or LA it could be a killer.

Nice towns with decent schools; as mentioned Temecula and Murrietta are ranked 1 and 2 in Riverside county, I believe Beaumont and Mennifee are 3 and 4 cant remember which order. Etiwanda is suppose to be one of the best in San Bernardino county but my kids go there now and I have mixed feelings about them. They are growing so fast I feel they are having trouble keeping up. JMO Snowline is a top district in the desert and Apple Valley has one of teh highest ranked elementary schools, Rio Vista, API at almost 900.

We built two homes in Apple Valley using Skyline Ranch home builders they have a web site if you type it in. They were awesome for us and they build in Hesperia now too I know.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:04 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,854,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYerinSOCAL View Post
They are working on the 15 right now so it can be a nightmare at times. I think a lot depends on when your commute is. We are looking into the high desert again as we use to live in Apple Valley and might again. My husband will commute down to Fontana and has many teaachers at his schoool who do the commute from Apple Valley, Hesperia and Victorville, none seem to mind tomuch but if you need to go to OC or LA it could be a killer.

Nice towns with decent schools; as mentioned Temecula and Murrietta are ranked 1 and 2 in Riverside county, I believe Beaumont and Mennifee are 3 and 4 cant remember which order. Etiwanda is suppose to be one of the best in San Bernardino county but my kids go there now and I have mixed feelings about them. They are growing so fast I feel they are having trouble keeping up. JMO Snowline is a top district in the desert and Apple Valley has one of teh highest ranked elementary schools, Rio Vista, API at almost 900.

We built two homes in Apple Valley using Skyline Ranch home builders they have a web site if you type it in. They were awesome for us and they build in Hesperia now too I know.
Apple Valley is the best for the high desert. House prices are dropping! You can get a 1/2 acre lot/1600 sq ft house/2-3 years old for $320k!

Old 10-12-2006, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJD View Post
Very slow and very long. Rt 15 has gotten very congested.

Rancho Cucamonga is a nice area. Good schools, well planed community Homes priced 400's-1 mil.
It depends on what time you leave. It's not that bad. Really. They are working on the 15fwy. It will continue for a month forget. But, the average to get from Apple Valley -> Fontana or what not is 45 min +/-.

Old 10-12-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Some good friends of mine live in Hesperia – which is about 10 miles from me. They are also from Hawaii.

Hesperia is nice. A commute from Hesperia down the hill to Riverside will take about 45 minutes or so. The longest part of the commute is down Main Street in Hesperia to get to the freeway. Once you’re on the freeway, it’s usually a quick trip.

I use to work for Hesperia school district and thought they were good.
There are parents here in Apple Valley who commute their children to Hesperia elementary schools just because they like the district better there.
Apple Valley has some good schools. The high school is ok. But, Apple Valley has got a new elementary and Jr. high. As for zipcodes, 92307 is better for crime (excluding one area by Walmart) than the 92308 zipcode. The only good area of 92308 is closer to Hesperia (on the boarder by the train tracks).

Old 10-12-2006, 12:10 PM

66 posts, read 409,099 times
Fontana would not be a good choice in my opinion. Stay away from Rialto and Fontana.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:09 PM

You have to remember part of Fontana goes to Etiwanda schools. However,I wld still agree that Fontana is not a ideal place to move to even within the Etiwanda school system.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:51 AM

117 posts, read 622,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
Apple Valley has some good schools. The high school is ok. But, Apple Valley has got a new elementary and Jr. high. As for zipcodes, 92307 is better for crime (excluding one area by Walmart) than the 92308 zipcode. The only good area of 92308 is closer to Hesperia (on the boarder by the train tracks).
92308 would be my zip and I agree.

Del Web put in some beautiful houses down at Jess Ranch on Apple Valley Road.
If I didn't already have a home and moving to COS, I'd definitely look into buying there. I forget the exact prices for houses there, but somewhere around $250 on up. There is a golf course, tennis court, gym, lovely landscaping and close to the new shopping centers.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:57 PM

Apple Valley's two new schools are Sitting Bull Elementary and Sittig Bull Middle I wld assume they will both be realtively high performing as they pulled from Rio Vista. Rio Vista Elementary is actually one of the highest in the desert areas, I belive they are almost at 900 API. Granite Hills High School is also relatively new, I am guessing 5 years old or so.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 PM

117 posts, read 622,780 times
Granite High is pretty far from the freeway. It would add around an extra 20 minutes to a commute down Cajun Pass for Makaala4.

Rio Vista Elementary wouldn't be to bad of a trip. Nice school too. I have a nephew that goes there and he loves it. But it’s not cheap to live over there.

IMHO, Hesperia is nice and if you already have some land to build on, then why not.
Areas I would not live in Hesperia - anywhere by the railroad tracks or near Bear Valley Road (Balsam and Sequoia).

A handy tool to use would be the Google map. You can type in Schools Hesperia, CA, Apple Valley or where ever your interested in and it will pull up the schools on the map with markers.

Google Earth is even more useful and fun! I've spent hours using it, but that would be a whole new thread. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties