Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:16 PM

852 posts, read 3,813,106 times

Advertisements

Snowline, in Phelan, has become the only consistently decent school district in the High Desert. That said, even it is just OK compared with wealthier districts in LA and Orange Counties. Redlands is pretty, but it has some racial issues and, like most Inland communties, deals (poorly) with traffic, air quality and summer heat. The area boomed when housing prices spiked along the coastal regions 15 years ago, and while the run-up made a lot of people money, it's left a bunch of starter-level homes at prices that entry-level buyers couldn't afford. Look for a decent-sized fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2006, 07:05 PM

76 posts, read 399,925 times
Desrt Knowls area behind Saint Mary's which is actuallly one of the best commutes to the 15 also goes to Granite Hills you dont need to live all the way down there.

And while Snowline and Apple Valley are no Poway Unified I think they are relatively decent school districts, from what I have seen. With both they ahve high performing school and low so it does matter where your house is located.

I posted a link on other post to data quest. I dont have it handy but if you put in data quest and ca in goggle it will give you the site for it and then you can look up all the school districts in any area of CA and decide for yourself what is acceptable or not.

Last edited by WNYerinSOCAL; 10-25-2006 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Add info

Old 10-25-2006, 07:29 PM

117 posts, read 622,749 times
I'm personally not thrilled with the area around
Desert Knolls, but true, there is a quicker way to the freeway over there.

Probably the best bet is to go to the schools in person and meet the staff to get a feel for what feels comfortable.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:40 PM

15 posts, read 90,568 times
Murrieta & Temecula are very nice and have really good schools..It's a great place to raise a family..The new area is French Valley- The city is called Winchester...The housing is quite inexpensive here.. THe prices have dropped significantly and I've seen deals...There's short sales- which may not work for you if you're out of state- so it may be difficult to close escrow fast once the bank decides to make a decision!!! New homes I've seen some beautiful 3100SF homes brand new selling for $440-$460..THis area is divided for Temecula SD, Murrieta, Menifee & Hemet SD..Norrington Track they start in the upper $300K & Stratton Point for example has a 3300 SF home for $420K!!!!!! Beautiful!!! Temecula Prep is 1 mile away! Otherwise close by if you could take your kids to a Tem or Murrieta school...vs the hemet SD..By the way, they're selling for July-Sept moveins right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties