Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 17,248 times

Advertisements

We currently live in Texas. My husband was offered a job in San Bernardino. We have a 10 year old son with Aspergers, Anxiety Disorder, and OCD. What are the best areas with the best schools and do schools there have good special education services?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Schools around here are lucky to have money for books. Best stay where your boy can get the special services.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 PM

14 posts, read 63,895 times
There are no good places to live in San Bernardino unless you're willing to spend a great deal of money on living in a nice safe neighborhood.

The schools here are TERRIBLE especially when it comes to special education services. My Mom works at Bloomington High School and she still has to struggle with how bad the school system is in the Inland Empire. I agree with Fontucky.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,769 times
And here is a divergent opinion...

I used to work in San Bernardino City Unified School District (SBCUSD) for 4 years as a School Psychologist who completed evaluations of determination on children in the district. Any school is liable for Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) and SBCUSD covered this more than adequately as a requirement of the federal government. There were transportation programs throughout the city, to be certain children were sent to the school where their needs could be met. This is not segregation as much as it was designating a building and classrooms therein for the suitable accommodations that were needed. Call the district office 909-381-1700 or the office of Special Education, 909-880-6788. They will tell you what is done for accommodations. You may then pick a home closer to the eastern edge of town by Redlands or northern, closer to Highland. Understand you will be paying more, and given the times, there may not be transportation, but what really impressed me, and likely not affected by cuts, is how this district did special education.

I will add, as a worse case scenario, contact one principal in town who is a lightning rod of controversy, but ALWAYS got the parent's needs met and NEVER went to a mediation hearing for his incapacity. I will DM you his name. The top notch person there, and he goes all out for his district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties