Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 10:40 PM

6 posts, read 9,791 times

Advertisements

Great posts. I am getting the feeling that driving from Anaheim to Riverside in the morning (reverse in the evening) will not be awesome, but not terrible either. I will actually be close to metrolink stations in both locations (Anaheim Hills station & Downtown Riverside) so I am getting pretty excited to ride this train. My final question for the folks discussing train riding is, can I take my bicycle on the train? I read on the metrolink website that bikes are allowed, anyone know if this line has a bicycle car? Otherwise, is there room on this train typically in the morning going in my direction? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 AM

1,626 posts, read 4,014,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgoose View Post
I read on the metrolink website that bikes are allowed, anyone know if this line has a bicycle car? Otherwise, is there room on this train typically in the morning going in my direction? Thanks!
No idea but the Metrolink that goes along Mission in Ontario never looks even close to full. If you're concerned about space you could get a folding bike if you don't have to travel far on either side of the train commute. I know people on the more crowded trains in DTLA that use folding bikes.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,914,517 times
There's one huge problem with Metrolink. It doesn't run late at night. You probably won't be able to work late or participate in after work activities unless you can find another way home.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:37 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
You probably won't be able to work late or participate in after work activities unless you can find another way home.
Or you could just drive in that day! As long as you know in advance that you want to come home late that day, it can work.

For me, the biggest issues would be not working close enough to the train station to be able to walk it - and - worrying about missing the last train of the night. Probably be smart to keep a little bag at your work - in case you get stuck there overnight and have to get a hotel room.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Probably be smart to keep a little bag at your work - in case you get stuck there overnight and have to get a hotel room.
You can probably rent a car for less than the cheapest motel room. I think Enterprise starts at $23 per day. Budget might be cheaper. I'm pretty certain they will bring a vehicle to you. Maybe City-Data.com could set up a ride sharing section. "Missed the last train - need ride from LA to Santa Ana".

Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
Quote:
You can probably rent a car for less than the cheapest motel room. I think Enterprise starts at $23 per day. Budget might be cheaper. I'm pretty certain they will bring a vehicle to you. Maybe City-Data.com could set up a ride sharing section. "Missed the last train - need ride from LA to Santa Ana".
I missed the last train home once, and there were no car rental places nearby. And at that time of night, I doubt they would have been open anyway. There was however a hotel...

After that I swore to never plan to take the last train of the evening - second to last, was as late as I was willing to plan on - then if there was an emergency, or the train broke down, I had that "last train" as a backup plan. It worked for me!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I think Enterprise starts at $23 per day. Budget might be cheaper. I'm pretty certain they will bring a vehicle to you.
I don't think any rental car companies deliver cars although Enterprise will pick you up and take you back to the rental office. The neighborhood locations usually close at 6pm.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
I don't think any rental car companies deliver cars although Enterprise will pick you up and take you back to the rental office. The neighborhood locations usually close at 6pm.
Do they allow you to pick up vehicles after hours? Maybe using some sort of lock box for the keys? I think they so something like this at airport locations.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Do they allow you to pick up vehicles after hours? Maybe using some sort of lock box for the keys?
Definitely not. I think some neighborhood Hertz locations will let you drop a car off after hours. Enterprise is too strict about damage to allow that. They don't want you saying damage wasn't there when you dropped the car off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties