Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 AM

642 posts, read 2,552,367 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have input on areas in Corona that are walkable with some entertainment and safety? I was also hoping someone might know about/recommend certain apartment complexes. Love the look of the city but am doing this kind of blindly. Thanks you for any information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 04:45 PM

12 posts, read 37,724 times
HI,

I live in a townhouse apt in a very nice area of Corona. Walk all of the time and so many others are out at night as well. I never feel unsafe. That being said, what type of entertainment are you looking for? I live by a decent shopping center, plenty of places to grab fast food, and by some decent restaurants. But to see a movie or go to a mall, I have to drive a few miles....

There are ALOT of apartment complexes in the city of Corona ranging in size and price in good neighborhoods. You can check out these:

DeerWood
Ashton
Marquessa
Promenade
Sienna (although alot of these units have converted to condo's for sale)
The Triana

The above are ones that are in my neighborhood. There is a Walmart, Vons, El Torrito, Applebees, assorted fast food options, PetSmart, Annas, Costco, Home Depot, etc right around the corner and nice sidewalks, trees, a couple of parks (I have dogs) and people are always walking/jogging/etc around as I said before.

You can also look at Mountain Creek Apts, Jasmine Springs... so many.

There are plenty of apartment complexes all over Corona and South Corona for you to check out. It all depends on what price range you are looking for, what entertainment you want to be close to, etc. Good luck!

Old 07-23-2012, 07:52 PM

185 posts, read 512,024 times
Corona has many great neighborhoods. The neighborhood that mlj1212 mentioned is in Northeast Corona, off of the 91 freeway at McKinley Street near Promenade. I have lived in this area for many years, and it is very safe and very convenient to the shopping and the freeways. I would highly recommend it. All of the above mentioned complexes appear to be very nice.

South Corona is also extremely nice, and has a lot more entertainment than we do on the north side, as in movie theaters, malls, hiking/nature stuff, etc.

West Corona, off of Green River Road, is also very nice and has an apartment development (I don't remember the name).

Overall, you can't go wrong in Corona, but you may want to avoid the central section of town (6th Street, Grand Blvd area) simply because it is a lot older and more run down.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Are there any apartment complexes down by that newer mess off the 15/Cajalco?

OP, what do you like about Corona specifically? And what parts?

I'm very familiar with the location mlj1212 mentioned (Corona Hills), I remember when it was farms (I grew up on the other side of the freeway from there). It is very suburban, but also very dense suburban (read: traffic), with big boxes/shopping flanked by apartments, which are flanked by housing tracts. Corona Hills is where we "walked to" as teenagers.

Unless something has changed, Sierra Del Oro (down off Green River & Serfas Club, south of the 91) isn't much more than a late 80's-early 90's-newer housing tract with a grocery store and a couple of schools.

The only part of Corona that I'd ever think of calling walkable, in the "city" sense of the word, is the area in and around Grand Blvd. Granted, there isn't much there worth walking to anymore, but that is the area of the city that feels the most established.

Have you considered Downtown Riverside, or living near one of the shopping centered developments like Ontario Mills or Victoria Gardens?

Old 07-24-2012, 10:24 AM

12 posts, read 37,724 times
I agree with Dallas CF about the area of 6th/Grand.... although there ar some very reasonably priced condos for sale off of Grand. The area that I live in can get busy traffic wise, bit there are still plenty of tree lined sidewalks and small parks to walk at. Like I said, it all depends on exactly what you are looking for.

And David has a great idea in the Downtown area of Riverside. It has been built up and there are alot of neat businessness and a city park too, The Mission Inn, etc.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM

57 posts, read 98,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Are there any apartment complexes down by that newer mess off the 15/Cajalco?

OP, what do you like about Corona specifically? And what parts?

I'm very familiar with the location mlj1212 mentioned (Corona Hills), I remember when it was farms (I grew up on the other side of the freeway from there). It is very suburban, but also very dense suburban (read: traffic), with big boxes/shopping flanked by apartments, which are flanked by housing tracts. Corona Hills is where we "walked to" as teenagers.

Unless something has changed, Sierra Del Oro (down off Green River & Serfas Club, south of the 91) isn't much more than a late 80's-early 90's-newer housing tract with a grocery store and a couple of schools.

The only part of Corona that I'd ever think of calling walkable, in the "city" sense of the word, is the area in and around Grand Blvd. Granted, there isn't much there worth walking to anymore, but that is the area of the city that feels the most established.

Have you considered Downtown Riverside, or living near one of the shopping centered developments like Ontario Mills or Victoria Gardens?

I live in this area, and I don't think there are any apartment complexes near there.

I was curious what you meant about the "mess" at 15 and Cajalco?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,616,264 times
Quote:
Archstone Sierra Del Oro Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Corona apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
This apartment complex is tucked in that neighborhood. There was another complex, but I am pretty sure they are now owned condos. This place is in a quiet neighborhood and is safe for the most part, just make sure you lock your car doors and have an alarm. Car theft was the only issue we had living there.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:19 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Train View Post
I live in this area, and I don't think there are any apartment complexes near there.

I was curious what you meant about the "mess" at 15 and Cajalco?
Nothing bad, just compared to what it used to be, there is A LOT down there now (even compared to 10 years ago).

Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Urban sprawl. Temescal Canyon used to be such a peaceful, pastoral place. ***le sigh***

Old 07-24-2012, 06:21 PM

57 posts, read 98,454 times
Quote:
Nothing bad, just compared to what it used to be, there is A LOT down there now (even compared to 10 years ago).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Urban sprawl. Temescal Canyon used to be such a peaceful, pastoral place. ***le sigh***
We moved here from out of state 2 1/2 years ago, so it was already built up when we got here. I bet it was beautiful here before the new homes and malls. But it is a nice place to live. Most of what you need is close by. And the views are nice, especially when a person moves here from the Midwest.

It would be nice to see pictures of the specific area before it was built up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties