Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 PM

92 posts, read 142,050 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I read some posts about San Jacinto and nearby Hemet. They are not in the most favorable by all means. However, my retired mother went by the area and she seems to like the area. She is considering the neighborhood on Cottonwood Avenue near Sandalwood Street.

There is not much more recent information I could find about San Jacinto and the neighborhood. I am hoping that the area that Mom will be moving to would be safe and hopefully have a great future there.

What do you think of San Jacinto between now and the future?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
I, too, hear/read negatives regarding Hemet ... from time to time and don't fully understand what's happening there and in the area. I'll be watching to see what you learn. Thanks.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:33 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,811 times
If your mother wants to be bored as all hell, that's a good place to pick. My buddy bought a new home in San Jacinto and none of us see him anymore. It's such a pain in the ass drive from the Ontario area. The house is real nice and all but his community is built right against a mountain side and there isn't anything around for 2 miles in all directions. Plus, they stopped building halfway in his area so it looks incomplete and will so for a good while.

There are alot of farms. The smell of cow poop is strong depending on the wind. Either way, there are alot of flys due to that smell. If you try to enjoy the backyard, you'll need bug remover stuff all year. Lastly, its the desert. It's real hot there.

Hemet has one of the worst reps outside of South Central LA in SoCal. I've been all over that city and during the day, its not bad. However, at night its f'n scary. Anytime you see grown men wearing street clothes riding a bike at night, that's bad news bears and I seen that alot.

Lastly, I can see more stores like Walgreens and Ross being built but nothing super major. Driving up to the 10 is not a fun drive and its not close enough to Palm Springs to make it real desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties