Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 11,566 times

Advertisements

Hi - We are relocating from Northern CA to Southern CA and need opinions! We have been looking in Chino Hills but it seems every house that is on the market has multiple cash offers above listing price so we found a city called Eastvale. We are recently married, no kids yet, and want somewhere safe, good schools for the future, and close enough to shopping and the normal. I'm originally from Dallas and husband is from Hermosa.

What are everyones honest opinions on Eastvale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,767,938 times
I live 10 miles to the north and shop there about once a month. Pleasant and uneventful. That's all I can add.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,994,684 times
I lived in Chino Hills and Eastvale is nothing like Chino Hills. You can try searching this forum for more information on Eastvale but the city IMO looks/feels like they bulldozed a bunch of farmland and plunked a bunch of houses. Eastvale is downwind of many dairy farms so you get the cow manure smell in certain parts of it. There isn't much shopping right in Eastvale either. I'd personally look at Corona before Eastvale. You can also look at Phillips Ranch. It's pretty nice and may be a little more affordable than Chino Hills.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 AM

3 posts, read 13,252 times
Default Eastvale

Eastvale is the newest city in socal I believe. Its pretty much all new. Many new tract homes have been and are being built. As new homes go, the tracts I've seen look pretty decent, good looking and nicely laid out. The schools look pretty decent and are all new as well. I would suggest that you visit and drive around to form an opinion. Also look at where you will be working and the commute. the 91 is notoriously jammed at rush hour (extended). I live in OC, was going to build in Chino Hills at one time but ended up finishing a house in Anaheim Hills. Still live in OC but planning to build N of Fallbrook and retire there.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 AM

59 posts, read 217,172 times
It's new developments and tract homes. Seems quiet and nice every time I'm there.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:49 PM

20 posts, read 87,846 times
Eastvale is nice. Has plenty of local shopping and restaurants. Clean, quiet, lots of new homes and nice neighborhoods. Dunbar said Eastvale is nothing like Chino Hills and it looks like farmland dozed over and someone plunked a bunch of houses. I wouldn't really disagree. It does look flat and boring, but its not bad. The smell of dairy farms is something you deal with around this area, including Chino Hills, particularly when it rains. You will (probably) get used to the smell. Chino Hills is very hilly and a pretty area, a really nice place to live for the most part. I don't think there is a nicer city in the entire Inland Empire (San Berdo/Riverside county.)

If you're unfamiliar with this area be prepared to deal with the heat. Its very desert like. It is extremely hot for about 3 months out of the year, the nights and early mornings can get very cold in winter. It almost never rains. Generally speaking, its hot here. If you are always cold, you will like it here.

I currently live here and am moving out of state. If I were you, I wouldn't move here. The job market stinks, unless you commute out of the area to get a decent wage. You would commute to Orange or LA County ... 35+ miles away one way, 2 hours a day commuting MINIMUM. *OR* unless you are independently wealthy, own your own nearby business, work from home or are a freelancer and don't have to worry about getting a job somewhere. Either way, tons of competition, good luck making money here. For the commuter, you either pay expensive tolls ($200 a month), if you're lucky and can take a toll road, to avoid most of the traffic (although you will still get lots of horrible traffic 99% of the time), or you are stuck dealing with 3-4 hours a day commuting.

Soon the only people able to live and work in CA will be surgeons, celebrities, movie and music moguls ... OH and immigrant farm workers. This is the twisted world the extreme liberals made. Good luck if you move here, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM

121 posts, read 288,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar42 View Post
I lived in Chino Hills and Eastvale is nothing like Chino Hills.
I cannot agree more. The houses are new, but IMO it's not the houses that is the problem. It is the quality of the people that live in them. Without saying anything disparaging further, I'd recommend following Dunbar's advice and searching past forum threads for more info.

In regards to commute, I don't think it's that bad if you don't mind driving 10 mins north to Ontario Metrolink. It can get to LA < 45 minutes I believe due to the express schedule. And I think you can get to OC in < 1 hr. Monthly cost of a pass is less than $300. Don't take my word for it but I have friends that swear by it. However, I am very familiar w/ this area as I grew up Chino Hills and the two communities are like day and night in quality.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM

23 posts, read 109,696 times
Eastvale is not as pretty as Chino Hills, because its not in the hills. It is mostly flat land. But as mentioned, it is new homes and is very clean and well maintained. The Elementary schools are pretty good, especially Eastvale Elementary. Check school ratings. It is still being developed with more homes and shopping. I know of several families who moved from Diamond Bar, Chino Hills area to Eastvale because they sold their expensive homes. The professionals who live here commute. Overall, you will see a lot of moms with strollers and people walking around the numerous parks in Eastvale. Not too much happening but there is some shopping around Limonite. It seems pretty friendly and diverse from what I have experienced.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:13 PM

4 posts, read 14,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texcal825 View Post
Hi - We are relocating from Northern CA to Southern CA and need opinions! We have been looking in Chino Hills but it seems every house that is on the market has multiple cash offers above listing price so we found a city called Eastvale. We are recently married, no kids yet, and want somewhere safe, good schools for the future, and close enough to shopping and the normal. I'm originally from Dallas and husband is from Hermosa.

What are everyones honest opinions on Eastvale?
Eastvale is nice, it has lots of parks, is centrally located so you have easy access to the beach, desert, and mountains. The crime rate is low and housing prices are still somewhat reasonable.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:12 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,257,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamski View Post
Eastvale is nice, it has lots of parks, is centrally located so you have easy access to the beach, desert, and mountains. The crime rate is low and housing prices are still somewhat reasonable.
I always go there but the only parks I see are the village's own clubhouse/playground

just say prado regional park is nearby.. better than saying many parks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties