Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 PM

280 posts, read 421,788 times

Advertisements

This was just reported on the Redlands facebook. This is what I deal with on a regular basis here. It's terrible.

I was just eating at the Thai restaurant and witnessed squeegee guy (spongebob) try and strong arm a woman for money by the Starters on Lugonia. When she wouldn't give him any he replied with "F**k you *****". She said she felt intimidated when I asked her about the guy approaching her. Redlands PD was called but I couldn't have him arrested since i wasn't the victim. The woman left before police arrived. I've had about a bellyful of this guy harassing and intimidating people in front of Staters. Staters manager said she has called and called Redlands PD for help but they wont do anything. He stands right under "No loitering" signs with the civil code on them in front of Staters all day so I'm sure that would be a start. We have an aggressive panhandler ordinance the PD can use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 07:14 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Sounds like RPD are lazy as well.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:11 PM

280 posts, read 421,788 times
I encountered a homeless man outside 7-11 today. I gave him food but he wanted money instead. Oh well.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Check out the Redlands Walmart. I refuse ever to go in there again after being accosted by aggressive beggars the four times I went there. There's also organized gangs of beggars who pretend to be handcapped and sit in wheelchairs begging. KABC did an expose on this in Redlands and filmed these pigs getting up out of their wheelchairs at the end of their shifts and getting some other able-bodied person to beg in the wheelchair.

NEVER give these people a dime. Why the hell should I support them? Lazy fakers.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
They are just lucky ...... LUCKY, I tell ya ... that they haven't run across good ol' Twinkle '"Don't Make Me Bust A Cap In Yo Azz"' Toes!!!!!!! Trust me on this -- Panhandlers don't wanna be openin' up THIS can-o-whupass!!!!!

WORD to ya mutha!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
They are just lucky ...... LUCKY, I tell ya ... that they haven't run across good ol' Twinkle '"Don't Make Me Bust A Cap In Yo Azz"' Toes!!!!!!! Trust me on this -- Panhandlers don't wanna be openin' up THIS can-o-whupass!!!!!

WORD to ya mutha!
/shiver

I'd hate to get beat up by a ballerina.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
/shiver

I'd hate to get beat up by a ballerina.
Yep - that would suck! BUT .... get yo story straight Senno Benno!!! I'm a BALLROOM dancer!

If anyone wants to open up that can with a ballroom dancer, well ..... they better just get ready to RUMBA!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yep - that would suck! BUT .... get yo story straight Senno Benno!!! I'm a BALLROOM dancer!

If anyone wants to open up that can with a ballroom dancer, well ..... they better just get ready to RUMBA!!!!!!!!!
I'ma bringin kung fu Mambo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-7Ap6J_FU

Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 PM

OMG! I LOVE Dean Martin!!!!! Have you heard this one??? One of my FAVES!!! Enjoy!!!

Blow Me a Kiss - Martin and Lewis - YouTube

Old 01-07-2019, 11:17 AM

23 posts, read 14,796 times
It is really bad here in Redlands. I sold some merchandise to a woman I will call Rebecca. Later, she demanded a cash refund. She arrived to drop off the merchandise and get her refund. She snatched from me, did not return the merchandise and ran to her truck. I perused her to get either the money or the merchandise. I stood behind her truck. She started the motor and tried to run me over. Called the police. They never arrived. Got the merchandise from her when my son threatened to smash the window in her truck with a crowbar. When did the police arrive? Never.

A fancy restaurant in downtown Redlands had a homeless guy sleeping in the doorway. When asked to leave, he refused. Police were called and stated that they do not respond to such calls. The bum was driven away by a mop and a bucket of water.

A group of people met at Redlands Footlighters, a small community theater. The group consisted primarily of elderly widows. A beggar was very aggressive demanding money from the women who quickly became fearful and paid him. A call to the police was made and the dispatcher stated that police were dispatched. 20 minutes later--still no police. The beggar, who was now committing strong arm robbery(theft through fear) was finally driven from the property by two men. One with pepper spray, the other with an iron pipe. Police? Never seen.

Volunteer with a local charity which runs a thrift shop. A man entered the shop and began shouting, messing up the displays, and interrupting the operation of the business. When he was asked to leave he became threatening and belligerent. A call to 911 was answered. Yet, 15 minutes later, there had been no response. The man was ran out of the business by the use of a fire extinguisher.

Gentleman, who is a retired dentist, dropped his wife off at the Staters Brothers grocery store on Bartion road. As his wife entered the store, she was accosted by a belligerent and aggressive beggar. She went into the store quickly. Upon exiting the store, the beggar became more aggressive and began cussing at the woman. The dentist feared for his safety and for the safety of his wife. He pepper sprayed the beggar. His aim was off a bit, and the be ghar responded by breaking the dentist's car's window. The responding police officer threatened to arrest the retired dentist for unlawfully pepper spraying the man that scared him. The dentist placed his house on the market two days later and has relocated to Arizona.

Redlands PD is not merely lazy. They have far worse problems than laziness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties