Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:12 PM

4 posts, read 47,373 times

Advertisements

We live in Rancho Cucamonga right now and want to buy a house in these few months. With our budget, we can only afford older houses or houses(still old but not as old) in the Southern or Southwest part of Rancho, which is not as good compare to other parts. Now we are debating whether to buy a brand new house up in the Glen Helen Parkway area (next to I-15 and Sierra Avenue) in the newly built community called Rosena Ranch or to buy an older house in Rancho.

Is anyone here familiar with Rosena Ranch? It's almost in the middle of nowhere and the only ways out to go to the big cities below are through Sierra Ave or I-15. It's in the city of San Bernardino but is actually not connected to San Bernardino itself (it's quite far actually), so high crime rate should not be a concern, at least not now. I am only afraid that it will become a bad area years later... Btw, is Lennar a reputable builder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:56 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
It should be just like living in a new home community in Fontana or Rialto.

I do wonder if Lytle Creek ever gets high enough to threaten that development, however. It kind of looks like they're putting new developments anywhere they will fit.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 AM

How does it feel like to live in a new home community in Rialto or Fontana?

Is Lytle Creek getting higher every year?

Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
I would NOT want to live there during periods of mass deluge like we had back in the 2004-2005 season. Lytle Creek might decide to take that area back. Anyone who lives in that development and who digs a hole below the fill they laid down for the development (3' or so) will reach the Lytle Creek alluvium layer, which is a very thick layer of rounded rocks, gravel and sand deposited by regular flooding of the creek over the past 15,000 years or so.

And we all know what makes granite rocks rounded.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:12 AM

Are houses built above alluvium layer unstable (my logic tells me yes, but I want to confirm)? This seems like it will be a major concern, and thanks for all of your info as we are quite new to the Inland Empire area actually (we've only lived in Rancho for almost a year). Also, I heard that in areas prone to flooding, you need to pay extra insurance or taxes or whatever, is this true?

Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchanged View Post
How does it feel like to live in a new home community in Rialto or Fontana?

Is Lytle Creek getting higher every year?
Contact the San Bernardino County government department to determine if:

a) the subdivision, i.e. Rosena Ranch, is within a flood plain. The department that is responsible for keeping the flood maps on file should be able to give you a copy.

b) what are the future plans for the creek. The San Bernardino County Flood Control District may have plans to channelize the creek in the future.

[if I were you and I had this concern I'd go to the County's planning department and review the land development file for that subdivision]

Old 06-21-2013, 05:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchanged View Post
Are houses built above alluvium layer unstable (my logic tells me yes, but I want to confirm)? This seems like it will be a major concern, and thanks for all of your info as we are quite new to the Inland Empire area actually (we've only lived in Rancho for almost a year). Also, I heard that in areas prone to flooding, you need to pay extra insurance or taxes or whatever, is this true?
Practically all of the urbanization at the base of the San Gabriel/San Bernardino Mountains are on alluvium. Note that all new construction on this scale requires significant grading and compacting so the subdivision is not actually built on 'raw' alluvium. The soil is stable.

If you are in an area that is prone to flooding, your insurance costs will be affected.

[i remember when they started building this subdivision - they removed a side of the hill to do it and used the soil as fill]

Old 10-16-2013, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 14,404 times
Default I'm a real estate agent familiar with Rosena Ranch

I'm a real estate agent that is extremely familiar with the Rosena Ranch Community. I just sold a house down there to a lovely couple about two months ago. It's a short distance to many desirable locations even though it does seem out of the way. You have great access to the upper desert area of Victorville, Phelan (Snowboarding), Hesperia. You also have great access to places such as Victoria Gardens and CSUSB (California Statue Univ. San Bernardino). Although it is technically considered San Bernardino it is its own separated community. It should be its own city it is so huge! If you've ever been to CSUSB you would say the same thing. Although they are both in the city of San Bernardino, the negative stigma does not apply to these communities. Lennar is the biggest home builder in America and they build quality houses. Moderator cut: see note

Last edited by Count David; 10-16-2013 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: see the TOS re: realtors

Old 10-16-2013, 05:52 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidFriedman View Post
I'm a real estate agent that is extremely familiar with the Rosena Ranch Community. I just sold a house down there to a lovely couple about two months ago. It's a short distance to many desirable locations even though it does seem out of the way. You have great access to the upper desert area of Victorville, Phelan (Snowboarding), Hesperia. You also have great access to places such as Victoria Gardens and CSUSB (California Statue Univ. San Bernardino). Although it is technically considered San Bernardino it is its own separated community. It should be its own city it is so huge! If you've ever been to CSUSB you would say the same thing. Although they are both in the city of San Bernardino, the negative stigma does not apply to these communities. Lennar is the biggest home builder in America and they build quality houses. Moderator cut: see note
Doesn't answer the question about Lytle Creek. Typical Boosterism.

Last edited by Count David; 10-16-2013 at 09:04 PM..

Old 10-17-2013, 06:25 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Typical salesmanship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties