Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:08 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,912,302 times

Advertisements

She must have been thrilled!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 AM

10 posts, read 63,399 times
You got to be kidding. Quartzsite? How is it better than Blythe, more rocks? I grew up there and yes there are no jobs after graduating high school unless you are the son of a farmer or the 'civil' and teaching occupations. I moved to San Diego right after graduation.

All there is in Quartzsite is a bunch of bearded old men trying to sell rocks at the Pow Wow(Is it still called that?)

Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBorn View Post
Several Million more people?

Wow!
Yes, no waiting at all in Blythe. Make sure you make some noise when you come in to wake them up in there.....It is on South Broadway on the southside of I10.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Add me to the list of people who is not impressed with Blythe either--------------even the city name suggests blight.

Frankly; Quartzsite (10 miles away) on my side of the river has a better overall vibe.
Named after an early settler to the area. Mr. Blythe was a rancher and cattleman.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkirby View Post
My husband's new job is taking us to Blythe CA and I've been there once a couple months ago for the day just to check it out. I need HELP! Where should I look? I have 2 young kids and need somewhat entertainment for them. Any help will be GREAT!
We grew up in Blythe swimming in the canals in the summer time. There are many of them. It was either that or play Bingo inside on the Country Western radio station cause it is 120 degrees in the summer!! Or the river.......

Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergrl View Post
Been thru Blythe on the way to AZ...dont see much from the hwy. How far is Blythe from Yuma??? Yuma looks bigger and might have more for you...it looks about 45 miles or so south of there. Seeing that traffic might not be a problem....your husband could commute...would take him about 45 minutes, maybe?
Dangerous Highway between Yuma and Blythe. Many dips and curves thru and around Glamis. When it is puring rain during the monsoon August Weather, there are flash floods going thru those roads. Not a reccomended commute IMO.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 PM

29 posts, read 85,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHateEducate View Post
Dangerous Highway between Yuma and Blythe. Many dips and curves thru and around Glamis. When it is puring rain during the monsoon August Weather, there are flash floods going thru those roads. Not a reccomended commute IMO.
come on now 17 mi to 95 and straight down to yuma, not much more than an hour, nice road 65 mph and easy passing, although you do have to come through border patrol stop on the way back but it never takes long.
steve

Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 AM

635 posts, read 1,741,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergrl View Post
Been thru Blythe on the way to AZ...dont see much from the hwy. How far is Blythe from Yuma??? Yuma looks bigger and might have more for you...it looks about 45 miles or so south of there. Seeing that traffic might not be a problem....your husband could commute...would take him about 45 minutes, maybe?
Blythe is an hour and 57 minutes driving time according to google maps from Yuma, AZ.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,243 times
My name is Brian. I moved to Blythe from Ridgecrest, CA when I was 12 years old. Our first place of residence was the Sea Shell Motel across from the Pizza Place. I ended up loving Blythe. I would swim in the cannals, the river, and after I kicked a few butts, the people were nice. In High School, I worked at the pizza place and hung out there with all the other kids. I would love the smell of corn tortillas cooking near commercial street as I'd walk to school. Something about the nights there were special too; maybe just because the days were so hot. Compared to the desert I came from, Blythe was plenty green. I used to like the smell of the farmland when I'd drive by. We ended up getting a big house near kfmb, and I had alot of friends that lived nearby. There are alot of great spots near the river, but we had a small house in Ehrenberg (the arizona side). I'd love how the river would create big sand islands when the water level would go low; you could swim out to the islands and watch all the ski boats and stuff go by. The thing I miss most is being able to ride around on my motorcyle through the town and everything was so close. Your solitude was a minute away, and everywhere I went the people were simple, but pleasant and everybody seemed happy for the most part. I live in San Diego now, which is a drastic change from Blythe, yet I've always missed blythe. I'm sure growing up there has alot to do with it, but it had a small town charm that I've never seen before. It wasn't all good; I definately got into my share of trouble, but I'd give up coronado for blythe if I could go back to that time. It's not just about going back to my childhood (although that's part of it), but it also has to do with a special place that few people knew about. People there were naive, silly, and clueless about the outside world; I miss them alot. I could go on and on, but it's safe to say I miss the place

Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,200 times
Default Blythe

I really love the way you write - are you a writer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties