Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 PM

43 posts, read 306,281 times

Advertisements

Dear Everybody,

I'll be purchasing my first home in or near Corona very soon and have been looking in the areas listed below.

Eastvale, South Corona - Dos Lagos, South Corona - Mountain Gate area, Corona - Sierra Del Oro, Corona Hills - McKinley area.

Eastvale - I've heard some horror stories in regards to smell and powerlines. Are there areas in Eastvale that are smell free that people can recommend for a housing purchase? I don't mind a few days here and there, but I would hate to have a raunchy smell on a weekly basis. In addition, what's up with all the power lines? Are the risks real living near them?

South Corona - Dos Lagos - Very beautiful area, but the property taxes, Mello Roos, and HOA accumulate to almost $11,000 a year. Based on the recession, the plans I've seen online for Dos Lagos aren't even close to what it is now. How is traffic coming in and out of there during normal commute time? Has anybody experienced living in this community? I'm really wondering if the additional fees justify the living experience there.

The other areas I've listed, I'm pretty familiar with.

Any advice on the areas listed would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 04:41 PM

6 posts, read 19,412 times
I love in the mountain gate area and it wonderful.. you will be close to everything and great schools...McKinley is ok but you will be near home gardens which is a very bad part of corona alot of crime goes on there... eastvale area is every nice also they are building it up alot...in some areas you can get a smell but not all

Old 06-13-2012, 05:35 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitx View Post
Based on the recession, the plans I've seen online for Dos Lagos aren't even close to what it is now. How is traffic coming in and out of there during normal commute time?
I can personally address the morning commute from S. Corona: Horrible, due to the transition from NB 15 to WB 91 narrowing to one lane.

In fact, I've seen that transition snarled at random times during the day, and on the "get back home" days of Sunday or Monday of a 3-day holiday I've seen that transition snarl NB traffic as far back as Lake Elsinore.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRoberts3574 View Post
McKinley is ok but you will be near home gardens which is a very bad part of corona alot of crime goes on there...l
Near HG (Corona Hills et al) is fine.

Living in HG, only if you're ready for it.

-Signed,
the Home Gardens native.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 AM

109 posts, read 302,827 times
were are you at currently? i suggest take the drive to the areas and take a look around. eastvale currently has a lot of builders and model homes. stay south of schleisman if you don't want the strong cow smell. i live just south and rarely smell it. or maybe i got used to it. i'm not too sure. there are no dairy farms westward if you're south of schleisman. the area west of the corona circle in the hills are really nice also. dos logos is nice but not too much to do there besides the shopping area there. consider your commute time also.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,190,547 times
were will you be commuting to? if you will need to get to orange county for work, you should live as far west as possible. if you won't be commuting to the west then location won't matter much, just pick the area you like best.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRoberts3574 View Post
I love in the mountain gate area and it wonderful.. you will be close to everything and great schools...McKinley is ok but you will be near home gardens which is a very bad part of corona alot of crime goes on there... eastvale area is every nice also they are building it up alot...in some areas you can get a smell but not all
Thanks for your feedback! I really enjoyed the Mountain Gate area as well! Unfortunately, i was outbid on a specific residence I was looking at in this area. It overlooked the Mountain Gate park, real awesome view!

I wish more houses would become available in this area. Very competitive bidding!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM

Does anybody know where I can get information in regards to property taxes and HOA stability in the Dos Lagos area? The home prices in this area are pretty much in place with most homes in other areas in Corona! What's the catch with this area??

Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 PM

185 posts, read 511,891 times
South Corona is a better bet if you want things perfectly manicured, the best schools, etc. I'm in North Corona around McKinley and it is a great area by all accounts, but not as new as South Corona (i.e. Mountain Gate/Dos Lagos). It just depends on what you are looking for.

The advantages of North Corona (McKinley, Hidden Valley, Parkridge, Main Street, Promenade, Cresta, River are some of the major cross streets):

-Easier for commuting with the 91 and 15 right here
-Plenty of shopping
-Schools = decent
-Safe/quiet
-less expensive than South Corona

Advantages of South Corona (i.e. Dos Lagos, Eagle Glen, Mountain Gate, Ontario Ave, Foothill Pkwy, etc.)

-Very new/clean
-Great schools
-Nice views
-Beautifully maintained
-Excellent shopping
-Extremely safe/family oriented

Also, I should add that North Corona is much more diverse than South/West Corona (whether that is a great thing or not a great thing, I will leave up to you). Be careful of South Corona traffic too

Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 PM

45 posts, read 102,385 times
Should I also check out Corona when I visit in a month? People on this board has recommended Murrieta and Temecula so I'm going to check out these two areas. How is Corona K-12 public schools compared to Murrieta/Temecula? I assume all of these places are similar when it comes to safety?

It seems like Corona is closer to LA so that is a bit more appealing. A quick real estate search online seems like I should be able to find a nice 3BR house for $350k or less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties