Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 09:01 AM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam9697 View Post
We are looking to live maybe in Rancho Cucamongo and working in Victorville. I beleive its a straight shot on I 15 but how is the traffic?
There's no traffic, there's more people going to Las Vegas than work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 04:54 PM

875 posts, read 1,093,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam9697 View Post
We don't want to live in Victorville because all we have heard of the place are bad things. We have two middle schoolers so we are looking for good schools and a great community. We will not be buying as this job will most likely be no more than 3 years. From everything i have read Rancho Cucamonga seems like the closest, best place to live. According to mapquest commute time is 45 minutes from the heart of Rancho to Victorville. Now I am just wondering about traffic conditions and how often is the cajon pass closed and for what reasons.

Thanks for all your input.
The route you would be traveling goes against commuter traffic so that's a plus however, it's quite an uphill drive to the summit, before you start going back into the valley towards Victorville. The summit and a lot of Cajon Pass can get VERY foggy at times - so much so it makes it impossible to see. It also closes during snowy weather. It can also be "very" windy at times.

I wouldn't listen to rumors. Go there and see for yourself. Hesperia and Apple Valley are very close and nice places to live. You don't have to live right in Victorville.

FYI, you can't depend on the driving times mapquest gives you. It doesn't take into account any variables.

Good luck to you.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:06 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Actually I was on it heading from the high desert to Ontario a couple of days ago and it always seems very congested every evening, going up the hill. I noticed several flashing lights, ambulances and chp cars opposite in the direction, there was an upside down suv in the middle of the freeway. People getting in a hurry on some of those curves, seems they never learn.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:40 PM

4 posts, read 16,175 times
There should be absolutely no reason that you should EVER want to drive on the 15 from RC to Victorville. It doesn't make sense. Traffic is a nightmare - literally - a nightmare. It doesn't matter which way you travel, it's almost the worst freeway next to the 91. Don't do it....live in Apple Valley - or anywhere - just don't make that drive!

Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Yes, but Apple Valley is even further out which forces you to either stay on the freeway longer or get off at Bear Valley and take that two hour trip through all the traffic and signal lights to get into Apple Valley. Do you know what a nightmare it is to get from Apple Valley to the mall?

Old 01-07-2008, 04:31 PM

279 posts, read 1,139,352 times
PowerSurge-- I have to ask... I have lived in diff states over the years and there is traffic all over.. but what I hear most every day is the traffic reports of cars flipping, rolling, on its roof....

Doesnt anyone find it odd? I mean in Calif alone I hear more of these types of accidents then anywhere else..

How the heck do so many people drive so stupidly that they actually manage to flip a car? I saw one on my exit ramp I was exiting the 73 El Toro (OC) and a guy flipped his SUV sideways going UP- the on ramp onto the 73 northbound, I mean this is straight no curve, dry area, clear day ramp.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmc2007 View Post
PowerSurge-- I have to ask... I have lived in diff states over the years and there is traffic all over.. but what I hear most every day is the traffic reports of cars flipping, rolling, on its roof....

Doesnt anyone find it odd? I mean in Calif alone I hear more of these types of accidents then anywhere else..

How the heck do so many people drive so stupidly that they actually manage to flip a car? I saw one on my exit ramp I was exiting the 73 El Toro (OC) and a guy flipped his SUV sideways going UP- the on ramp onto the 73 northbound, I mean this is straight no curve, dry area, clear day ramp.
I wonder the same thing. I live in the Coachella Valley and the 10 freeway is a straight shot - no curves. Yet, people still manage to flip over and do all kinds of weird s-h!t. I think out here what is happenng is we have all these people driving to and from Arizona - both Californians and Arizonans - and they fall asleep at the wheel.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:00 AM

279 posts, read 1,139,352 times
I cant stand to finally pass a slow moving car or SUV or whatever and look over, and the guy (usually its a guy) has the left hand on the steering wheel and his right hadn with the phoen to his ear and the elbow resting on his center arm rest! gabbing away!! as if he is sttting on his darn couch!

DRIVE PEOPLE DRIVE

Oh and that reminds me ------ the sign that says--

SLOWER TRAFFIC USE TURN OUTS ALLOW TRAFFIC TO PASS---

If you look out your dash window and seeeee NOOOOOOOOOOOO cars ahead of you and you then look in your rear view mirrior and see ALLLLLLLL the cars behind you--flashing lights, honking horns, waiving- YOU ARE THE SLOWER TRAFFIC! LOL please pull over, and allow the rest to pass, we are not all insane fast drivers, we just want to get where we are going while we are still young. And we thank you for your consideration.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:46 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,416,817 times
Smile Rancho to VicVille

Looks like you'd be going opposite the flow of traffic in the AM and PM commutes which might be a better thing ........but you never know in L.A.

If there is traffic consider this for a shortcut option
to avoid long traffic jams

From Rnacho go - on Bayan to Wilson Ave Then Left on Cherry Ave.
Follow Cherry ave to Coyote Canyon Rd,. Turn left on Duncan Canyon Rd, and then a quick left onto Lytle Creek Rd.
follow Lytle Creek Rd, to Nealeys Corner at nealeys corner go quick left onto Lytle Creel then Right onto Glen helen Pkwy
If the traffic has cleared by this point you can get back on the highway here!!!! on I-15 North

Otherwise continue north on the Glen Helen Pkwy into Devore
Go under the highway 215 and then it becomes Devore Rd.
Devore Rd will veer left sharply and become W Kenwood Rd.
Take west kenwood across the highway again and then right onto Cajon BLVD.
Follow Cajon BLVD to the highway exit and get on I-15 North
From here if the traffic has eased out continue north on I-15

if not get off at the next exit 138 East - and then turn left on Summit Valley Rd. .
Take a L onto Summit Valley Rd from 138 E.
Summit Valley Rd Will eventually become Santa Fe Ave E
In HESPERIA
Take a Right on Main St. then L on I Ave. (follow along in Mapquest)
Continue North on I Ave through Hesperia
At the end of I ave take a R on Bear Valley Pkway
Go down to Apple Valley Rd and take a L
Take Apple Valley Rd to 18 W into Victorville

I dont think you'll get solid traffic all the way through but if you get sick of the highway route you might want this for more scenic drive to work
or portions of it if there's segments of traffic on I-15.
you'll know the exits then and can get on and off at your leisure...following this route

-Jeff

Old 01-28-2008, 01:47 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,416,817 times
Default use mapquest

use mapquest and the mapquest aerial view feature to get an idea of the area
and follow along the route

-jeff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties