Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 03:15 PM

593 posts, read 1,788,485 times

Advertisements

Jack, You will be living in poverty here making only $21,000...Stay where you're at, as you will not be benefiting yourself at all.
The illegals have taken over the area. I live in the next town over, so I know the area well.
To rent a 1 bedroom apartment will cost you around $1,300 a month...and we're not talking a nice apartment at that price. It's very expensive to live here and most of us are being force out to lower wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 01:40 AM

107 posts, read 578,151 times
^^ what she said

(i live in Upland, the city just beyond the northern border of ontario). if you get by with $750 a month in Iowa, expect to see a 100% gain..... and that is just to pay rent. unless your work is IN ontario, where you can get by with a bicycle, that means you can only go as far as you can pedal when you're not working. you will need a car.....

unless that 21k salary is gonna increase soon, its not worth it.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 AM

12 posts, read 72,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post
Yeah, who needs a car in CA anyway?

Trolley system? Maybe in San Francisco.
Trolley system is all over Southern California a special San Diego, Los Angels, Riverside and Orange county and even if it is not in your town it is only a bus ride away or a drive away. Oh and besides there is trains and coasters to and San Francisco don't have trolley they only have street cars from what i under stand which is those old trains that roll on the train tracks through the city. I am sure they have amtrak though. I was born in Walnut Creek, CA and raise in Placerville which is outside of Sacramento and also raised in El Cajon which is in San Diego county so i know quit a bit about CA and i am moving back but not to neither of the places. I am moving to a suburb town that is away from the city but still near everything called Hemet so i am sure that will work out way better plus they have a Wal-Mart Super center which i can transfer to in tell i get a government job or start a career like a loan signer and/or college.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:18 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,327,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxWiz83 View Post
Trolley system is all over Southern California a special San Diego, Los Angels, Riverside and Orange county and even if it is not in your town it is only a bus ride away or a drive away.
What are you talking about? I've lived in OC all my life and never seen anything that could remotely be called a trolley here. We have OCTA buses for illegals and Metrolink light rail for commuters headed into LA. That's it unless you count the monorail at Disneyland.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
What are you talking about? I've lived in OC all my life and never seen anything that could remotely be called a trolley here. We have OCTA buses for illegals and Metrolink light rail for commuters headed into LA. That's it unless you count the monorail at Disneyland.
I never said it went all through the cities in south California i just said there all over Southern California and Metrolink goes from LA to Riverside co. and other areas too. There are also other trolley and train service like amtrak and i know when i lived in San Diego Co. it was all over there so i could go from El Cajon into Santee, La Mesa, San Diego, etc. it might not be conveniently located like the city bus system in Orlando which runs all over Orlando area but not regular route in the town i live in yet but I'll be back in CA in a few months. Well trust me California, New York have it better than most states and that is one of many why i am moving back. That and i have close family members near by and better colleges and more opportunities.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/ LA, San Bernardino, Riverside, etc.
http://www.riversidetransit.com/links/index.htm (broken link) transit service links

Old 12-27-2007, 02:21 PM

14 posts, read 44,113 times
Default mrs maryland

mission and mountain is a good area the 10 freeway and mountain is good you wont have a car and the markets ,strip mall theather is all right ther bus line too

Old 01-04-2008, 03:16 AM

10 posts, read 43,047 times
I hate Ontario. My dad lives there and most of the city is pretty ghetto. The cost of living...well i dont know if you would even be able to afford it comming from iowa!!

I say find another job in Iowa...California is slowly going down! (which is why we are moving to Nebraska!! woooo!)

Old 01-07-2008, 04:28 AM

107 posts, read 578,151 times
is Nebraska really an upgrade from ontario?

i think it all depends on which part of ontario, and which part of neb.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 AM

Ok i been living outside of California for last 8 1/2 years and it was the worse mistake i probably made and that is why i am moving back. You people need to realize as far as cost of living goes other states are catching up and there neighboring states are not much behind. In offense of California though since the price hike things have came down and adjusted in a lot of areas but there our some areas that are still real high, remember you can get fix up houses really cheap you just have to be careful of the area and to the extend of the damage and that way you can save. The nice thing about California is that there is a lot of good colleges, technology jobs, government, etc. You name it and it probably is there, i know i am moving back not the same area but in a fairly low area for California oh and the crime is not that bad either. I know where i live in Florida and where i am moving back to in California the cost of living is about the same. The truth is that if your from some where then home is home and nothing can replace missing that home no matter how long you been away.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:52 AM

8 posts, read 41,868 times
I agree with everyone and anyone who said "Do not come here for $21,000/yr!!!!!!!!!". Unless you get more money, it will be impossible - rent alone will be around $1,000 plus utilities and food??!!! Also, most likely you will need a car/insurance/gas, everyone needs a car in cali... So, assuming you'll bring home around $1,300/mo (after taxes) - I'd say you probably won't make it and... why would you even want to?? Everybody else is trying to leave . The cost of living out here is absolutely ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties