Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 09:54 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,921,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Love View Post
Jesus your so rght on about California!!! I'm from California I moved to Oregon (Portland) about 14 year's ago came back here to California and was blown away what the hell happened to my beautiful California while I was gone??? the people in Cali are rude Selfish and just mean and cold!!! I'm going home to Portland where the people are polite, educated and very excepting of each others differences!!!
Huh???

Old 02-25-2008, 12:50 PM

30 posts, read 137,641 times
We live in Austin Texas and we recently decided to move to California.
I own my own entertainment company so I wanted to move where all the action is. My husband has already got a new job in Palm Springs and is already up there. He loves it. I am going there too in 3 weeks with the kids.

When we planned to go to Cali and check it out, I can't tell you how many people talked down about California. It was scary! And the funny thing is, a lot of them had NEVER been to California.
Well, when we got to San Diego and then to Los Angeles, everything we had heard was wrong. It was beautiful, the people were nice, there is tons to do, and even the gas prices were the same as Texas!!

People talk about the high housing prices in California. Psh, you need to check out prices in Austin! Little houses built in the 50's are going for $500,000! And most of those need work!

It all boils down to opinion. What is nice to me might not be nice to someone else. If I relied on these peoples opinions on California, I would of never went! But I did, and I fell in love with it!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,120,057 times
All of you who dislike Cali - please leave! You complain that it is crowded & expensive, but you're just adding to it. Some of us still love Cali & would love it more if you were gone.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,921,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Hi, We are near Fort Worth. In the Dallas metroplex area. We are moving back because we miss everything California. We used to live oceanfront in CA and we miss the beach. We miss the beautiful outdoor living and the beautiful weather. We miss so much and will appreciate California when we return and we will never take CA for granted again. We are going to try and be the best California citizens California has ever seen (very appreciative)!!!!
I don't think you can do that. I already hold the position of "Best California Citizen" and they pay me quite a bit, so I'm not gonna let anyone take that away from me.

(But hurry up and get yer buns back here, girl!!!)

Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,494,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Love View Post
Jesus your so rght on about California!!! I'm from California I moved to Oregon (Portland) about 14 year's ago came back here to California and was blown away what the hell happened to my beautiful California while I was gone??? the people in Cali are rude Selfish and just mean and cold!!! I'm going home to Portland where the people are polite, educated and very excepting of each others differences!!!
Totally agree!!!! South Cal. sucks, Portland is far better a place to live, by the way, this is not hating, I left Cal. BY CHOICE because it really bored be, the people do suck there and are the main reason I left!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:02 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,612,880 times
Well it appears that:

the OP hasn't even checked into the debate in some three months

the discussion has been from one end of the map to the other

...and the sweeping generalities are starting to pile up around here....which is never a good thing so this one is now done.

Thanks to all that stopped by and participated, much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties