Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:57 PM

4 posts, read 14,034 times

Advertisements

Hello we are a family of 4 husband works in Yorba Linda savvy ranch and are considering moving to Eastvale. 2 girls aged 4 and 7. We're a little concern for the schools, activities, smell, flies, health services (we have kaiser insurance) and commuter time between eastvale and Yorba Linda. Husband works at Savy ranch fr 8-5. Any advice, comments, experience, anyone living on eastvale commuting to YL who can give us some insight? Really appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 06:28 PM

23 posts, read 110,331 times
To get to Yorba Linda, you will have to take either 71S and 91 or 15S and 91W, depending on where in Eastvale you are. 91 is pretty horrible but if you work off peak hours, it might make the commute a little easier. I would guess it would take 25/30 mins or so in traffic to get to YB from Eastvale. Without traffic, I would estimate 20 mins. The elementary schools in Eastvale are actually really good schools. For Kaiser, you will have to go to Ontario, CA or Riverside Kaiser, 10 mins and 15/20 mins respectively. Smell depends on the day. You won't really smell it in summer unless you are next to a diary, but in winter you will smell it here and there at night times.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:08 AM

728 posts, read 1,898,904 times
You forgot to mention the billions of flies that infest Eastvale in the warmer months. I have family that moved into some of the newer homes last year and they can't even use their backyard for BBQing or anything because the flies are so bad. I remember visiting shortly after they moved and the smell wasn't too bad but the flies were out of control. Just imagine having to constantly wave your arms around to shoo them off of you and your food. It's funny to watch the home video of the outdoor kids birthday party I went to and you see everyone just constantly flailing their arms about. Looked like a convention for seizure patients.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:25 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubyvaldez View Post
Hello we are a family of 4 husband works in Yorba Linda savvy ranch and are considering moving to Eastvale. 2 girls aged 4 and 7. We're a little concern for the schools, activities, smell, flies, health services (we have kaiser insurance) and commuter time between eastvale and Yorba Linda. Husband works at Savy ranch fr 8-5. Any advice, comments, experience, anyone living on eastvale commuting to YL who can give us some insight? Really appreciated.
Confirming your family currently lives and works in Yorba Linda, and you are thinking about moving to Eastvale and commuting to Yorba Linda?

That doesn't make sense- did I misread your post?

Old 02-10-2014, 03:12 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
If OP already lives west of the canyon, I have a hard time recommending anybody move east of it, unless they have a situation where they don't have to commute through it during rush hour M-F.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
You forgot to mention the billions of flies that infest Eastvale in the warmer months. I have family that moved into some of the newer homes last year and they can't even use their backyard for BBQing or anything because the flies are so bad. I remember visiting shortly after they moved and the smell wasn't too bad but the flies were out of control. Just imagine having to constantly wave your arms around to shoo them off of you and your food. It's funny to watch the home video of the outdoor kids birthday party I went to and you see everyone just constantly flailing their arms about. Looked like a convention for seizure patients.
Billions of flies?!! Really! OMG, is really that bad? Please Eastvale residents confirm this info! I was SO excited to buy a nearly new BIG house in Eastvale. Almost about to make an offer on a house this Thursday. Located near Archibald and 65th st.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:35 PM

We are currently renting a Condo and cannot afford to buy a house here in YL, that is why we are considering moving to Easvale. We think the commute is less heavy between Eastvale and YL than South Corona and YL. Also schools are new and have good ratings. That's why.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:45 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubyvaldez View Post
We are currently renting a Condo and cannot afford to buy a house here in YL, that is why we are considering moving to Easvale. We think the commute is less heavy between Eastvale and YL than South Corona and YL. Also schools are new and have good ratings. That's why.
Well, you'd all be sharing the same freeway nonetheless.

Either way, good luck!

Old 02-10-2014, 10:27 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
They won't have to endure that nightmare of a flyover that transitions NB 15 to WB 91, and the attendant NB backup it produces for miles south on 15.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:43 PM

162 posts, read 381,182 times
You don't need to take the 71. You can take River Rd to Lincoln and get on there. The flies aren't great during the late Spring/Summer/Early fall months but their dissipating as time goes on and dairies leave. You can definitely get a lot more for your money here thou
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties