Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 01:19 AM

2 posts, read 9,326 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I have found a very cool roommate on craigslist that I've known for a while now. He lives in Lake Elsinore. I wont be able to check out the place before hand because I'm moving from Illinois. I am wondering how the area is around Rose and Lime street. Anyone know?
I asked a lady who was hoping I would rent from her and she said that the area was near an apartment complex known for drug dealings....anyone know any truth to this? 0_o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,820 times
Much of Lake Elsinore is known for drug dealers...people getting killed there all the time.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:47 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,367,375 times
To Tipper10: People get killed all over the place a lot of the time. Why not post something helpful?

To the OP: you can call the LE police ( City of Lake Elsinore : Police ) or go to crimereports.com

There have been 4 reports of crime in the last 30 days close to the intersection of Rose and Lime:

THEFT FROM VEHICLE
11 Jul 2009
COMPASS CT
Distance: 0.53 miles

THEFT
07 Jul 2009
SERENA WAY
Distance: 0.48 miles

BREAKING & ENTERING
28 Jun 2009
WASHINGTON ST
Distance: 0.07 miles

BREAKING & ENTERING
26 Jun 2009
LIGHTHOUSE DR
Distance: 0.57 miles

Old 07-25-2009, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 9,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
To Tipper10: People get killed all over the place a lot of the time. Why not post something helpful?

To the OP: you can call the LE police ( City of Lake Elsinore : Police ) or go to crimereports.com

There have been 4 reports of crime in the last 30 days close to the intersection of Rose and Lime:

THEFT FROM VEHICLE
11 Jul 2009
COMPASS CT
Distance: 0.53 miles

THEFT
07 Jul 2009
SERENA WAY
Distance: 0.48 miles

BREAKING & ENTERING
28 Jun 2009
WASHINGTON ST
Distance: 0.07 miles

BREAKING & ENTERING
26 Jun 2009
LIGHTHOUSE DR
Distance: 0.57 miles

ahhh i came across that this morning =/ probably isnt the best area to be moving to. probably temecula or murrieta is a better place. I also found a place in Wildomar...im hoping thats a little better than LE. I'll check out the area on crimereports.com

Old 07-25-2009, 03:47 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,651,984 times
4 reports, that's not bad, considering there's more than that in 30 days in Las Vegas, that seems safe to me!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,250,494 times
Our son and roommates live in Lake Elsinore in the Rosetta Canyon development, seems very nice, newer homes, family area...on the east side of I-15 off highway 74 (Central)...lots of shopping and restaurants nearby..

No where is free of crime..be careful wherever you live..

Old 07-27-2009, 12:55 AM

35 posts, read 135,663 times
I live in Tuscany Hills, Lake Elsinore(east of 15, railroad Canyon exit). So far I like it very much. No issues. I just don't go to west side or lakeside at night. As long as you are east of 15 not much issue. You get best value for your money. Crime is at all places and you just need to be extra careful. I wouldn't recommend the area you mentioned though particularly at night. That crime statistics data at Crimereports wrong in many cases as I see in news paper Police blotter and majority of them are not listed there.

I wish I could live in better parts of Orange County(Newport Coast, Irvine, Yorba Linda, Parts of Brea, Parts of HBC). But I can't afford to be frank there. I can get a 1200 sq ft 1960s condo for the price I paid for 3400 sq ft pool home here. Schools are good as long as you are in the area I mentioned above.

yes, I miss the Orange County weather(at least20 degree cooler than here) and it gets hot here but same way i don't deal with everyday traffic here. I travel and Ontario airport is great for me.

I go to Temecula or Dos Lagos, Corona and also Menifee some times for shopping. I absolutely don't miss anything on this aspects.

temecula, Murretta, Parts of Wildomar(Around Clinton Keith) are nice.

Yes, if you have to drive to LA area, drive sucks if you don't choose your time correctly.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:06 AM

635 posts, read 1,742,084 times
Lake Elsinore is a nice area all around in my opinion. I think it's an excellent place to live, you just have to like heat. I think the city is 45% white and 45% latino. East of the 15 freeway is definently more upscale. The areas near the lake are more Latino, but are perfectly safe. I can't see gangs living in that city.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:15 PM

56 posts, read 270,924 times
If you move to Lake Elsinore, you should get a home security program (we have Broadview at our home), there are a lot of break-ins in Lake Elsinore, and they are not all listed on crime-watch,etc. In my neighbor we have had rampant crimes and they are listed no where, it's hot here, but if you do have to move here move to Tuscany Hills. If you are in the O.C. you should stay put, we are going to sell our home and go back to the O.C. Oh yes, the Ortega Highway is partially in Lake Elsinore and that would be a great place to live......

Old 02-07-2010, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,785 times
My car was just stolen in Lake Elsinore. My furniture was stolen last year. My car was stolen 3 years ago. It seemed like a beautiful, laid back area when I moved here in 1995, but it has gotten worse. Good luck getting the police to respond on a weekend. The police office is closed on weekends. It took 2 hours for the Riverside county sheriff to arrive. Now I am stranded, unemployed without a car to get to interviews. The city puts a lot f money into intrusive code enforcement personnel instead of police (where needed). It's just not worth it for the view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties