U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,554 times

Advertisements

Where is the best place to leave if working in Moreno Valley? My husband is accepting a job working in Moreno Valley. We have a new baby and we're looking for somewhere safe with family-friendly things to do, but also with a reasonable commute. Any suggestions? Riverside? Temeula? Not a fan of new-construction, cookie-cutter subdivisions. Would love a well-established neighborhood with walking distance to things to do. Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 07:43 PM

13,707 posts, read 26,375,205 times
Wood Streets in Riverside.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,937,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiPay2011 View Post
Where is the best place to leave if working in Moreno Valley? My husband is accepting a job working in Moreno Valley. We have a new baby and we're looking for somewhere safe with family-friendly things to do, but also with a reasonable commute. Any suggestions? Riverside? Temeula? Not a fan of new-construction, cookie-cutter subdivisions. Would love a well-established neighborhood with walking distance to things to do. Thanks in advance!
What's your budget?

Riverside has several older established neighborhoods on the east side that are relatively safe and walkable. However, they can be expensive. Look at Canyon Crest, Orangecrest, Woodcrest, and the neighborhood just north of UCR.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out new construction subdivisions, though. They may lack charm, but they have a lot of upside for a young family.

The houses are new, so major maintenance problems with plumbing and electricity aren't likely. You get a lot of house for the money.

Neighbors with young children tend to bond- you're liable to be among many new mothers. The initial cost is relatively cheap, and if you choose well, you may be a short stroll from a park and shopping center.

I'd look for a house in a newer development in Perris or Menifee. Murrieta and Temecula are nicer, but more expensive (and a little farther down the 15 from MoVal).

Warning! SAFETY is an issue in some parts of Perris. If you look there, do a little snooping.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:11 PM

8,092 posts, read 14,002,598 times

Why commute?
Find a good neighborhood in Moreno Valley.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:48 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,172,754 times
I strongly suggest Canyon Crest! I worked for a law firm located in Moreno Valley and lived in Canyon Crest. My commute was 10 minutes and I loved the Canyon Crest community and beauty. I would suggest that you and your husband look into Canyon Crest, Box Spring Mountain area, or Alessandro area.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:45 PM

37 posts, read 54,635 times
Moreno Valley has gotten really bad over the past 10 years. I was raised there and I would strongly suggest not living there--even in the nicer areas. The three places I would highly suggest is in Riverside, the orange crest area (zipcode 92508). Several individuals listed Canyon Crest (92507 I believe). These are wealthier area with less crime, a quick 10 minute communte to Moreno Valley, and the cost of living isn't much different than Moreno Valley.

Another area I really like, which is just a little bit further, is Redlands (92373). Redlands is another wealthy area with really great schools. The commute is going against traffic and it would take about 20 minutes.

I don't think you can go wrong with any three of these choices. Best of luck to you!

Old 07-19-2014, 11:07 PM

4 posts, read 12,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post

Why commute?
Find a good neighborhood in Moreno Valley.
Don't think there are any.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:40 AM

18 posts, read 17,494 times
I would suggest Winchester. It is a low crime area , with nice schools ( HUSD) and in-between Hemet, Menifee, Perris, and Temecula/Murrieta. Lower cot housing, rural life and traffic and close to the real world...

Old 07-20-2014, 07:41 PM

111 posts, read 160,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quaint Gypsy View Post
I would suggest Winchester. It is a low crime area , with nice schools ( HUSD) and in-between Hemet, Menifee, Perris, and Temecula/Murrieta. Lower cot housing, rural life and traffic and close to the real world...

Good choice...I wouldn't live in Mo Valley without armed guards. Do some research.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:03 AM

105 posts, read 339,726 times
Redlands, Yucaipa, or beaumont. I live in beaumont now and there are a lot of cookie cutter homes but the schools are good, it's safe, good home prices, and it's not far from Moreno Valley. We go shopping there and out to eat all the time. There are older homes in beaumont that may fit the bill for you but I would give beaumont some consideration. Lots of young families. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties