Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 07:33 PM

16 posts, read 50,189 times

Advertisements

You guys have been so awesome!
I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.
I will look a little bit more into Helendale...sounds like an interesting place...horses??? Lol..would love to teach the kids to ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,031,434 times
Look at the HOA's webpage to see what they have, its a lot!

Silver Lakes Association - Amenities

And make sure that the rental is up to date on the HOA fees or they will not let you use anything They may require you to catch up the back due payments before you can use the facilities, so if you rent there, make sure that the rental agreement includes that the land owner is responsible for it being current when you are renting.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:28 PM

16 posts, read 50,189 times
Thanks so much lae...that is an awesome resource! I'm bout to dig in.
On Zillow and Craigslis theres only a handful of listings

Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 PM

You might want to google the realtors for the area and call them about rentals. When I was looking most of the realtors had a property management section that did rentals. Or try the rental sites like:

Rentals in Helendale, CA | RentalSource

Now is the best time to lock in lower prices for rentals in the desert as its their off season Come Sept more people want to go there so prices go up and inventory goes down. Its real nice in the Winter.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:03 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times
I'm going to be pretty frank with you, OP:

Your issue with gangs in Southern California isn't going to be with white supremacists, but with the NUMEROUS black gangs that have left the inner city of places like South LA, Compton and Watts -- driven out by losing turf wars Latino gangs and a rising Cost of Living -- to large parts of the I.E. who are more likely to "recruit" your children or be around children, than the very, very tiny number of white supremacists that may (or may not) be holed up in some little far-flung I.E. suburb like Yucaipa or Banning.

I have a black, married, college-educated friend in the I.E. who has told me, point blank, that he has to be careful where he goes in the I.E. because black gang members will approach and ask him specifically where he's "from"? "From" referring to what gang he's affiliated with. He tells them he's not affiliated with any gang and they give him a few choice words.

If you want to avoid places where your kids or your husband will most likely have an encounter like this, then stay out of Victorville, San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, Perris, Hemet and Rialto as those areas are now full of gangs transplanted from urban LA.

That's the God's Honest truth. Take it or leave it. Either way, you'll see.

Last edited by kttam186290; 07-02-2014 at 10:18 PM..

Old 07-03-2014, 02:17 PM

Moonray,

Kttam is right that the black gang members will try to recruit your kids and harass everyone. On the previous gang list I posted the criminals on the list as they are known as a pretty violent gang, mostly black members and they do prey on anyone who is not in their or an affiliated gang. I believe that the untouchable joined to the bloods who have an association with the crips in the CA desert areas. They can be pretty violent too. Additionally, harassment by the 'white' gangs will drive non-white kids to join gangs for protection.

You have been around the country and know what its like in different areas. If you live an a pretty safe area and do not just let your kids hang out unsupervised they should be ok. So if you move to this area and your kids want to hang out at the mall in Victorville by themselves all day you know that would not be a good idea. Drive to an area with a higher social-economic level to hang out at the mall And stay on top of who your kids are making friends with and talk with them lots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties