Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 05:57 PM

3 posts, read 9,134 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a self-employed excavating contractor and my wife is an RN.... we have to 2 kids and are currently living in Parker, CO....

... my wife is originally from SoCal and still has a relative or three out there (San Diego and Hemet)... anywhoo, everytime we come out to visit (were just there a few weeks ago) we like SoCal more and more...

... I'm not really looking for the pros and cons of Temecula/Murietta as I've been reading this forum for awhile now and have seen enough of each... but I am wondering if someone could point out a few hospitals in the area... right now my wife is a stay at home mom (Ryan is 5 and Lauren is 4 months) but we also figure if we do move out there, until I got my business up and running enough to sustain our household, she may have to go back to work temporarily.....

... also, I'm having a hard time trying to get the pulse of the excavating business out there too.... here in CO the housing market has taken a dive so that's effected the residential side of excavating, but the commercial side of things in the excavating business is still "ok" .... I do both residential and commercial so I can fall back on either one as needed....

... so I'll stop rambling now and just ask.... what are the closest (within reason) hospitals... and does anyone know anything about the excavating business out there ?

Thanks to all who take the time to answer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 08:55 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,076 times
Well, I know there are approx. three hospitals in this area. Inland Valley Regional, Kaiser (in Riverside about 40 mins away) and Rancho Springs formerly Sharp. There are quite a few hospitals in San Diego, which would be a commute.
As for the residential part of your profession it has slowed down but I think commercial is still doing pretty good. I can think of atleast two companies that are busy in this area, Keeton and Mercer.

Hope that helps...good luck !

Old 12-29-2007, 05:06 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,486 times
There are hospitals in Sun City, Hemet, Moreno Valley (Community & General), Riverside (Community, General, & Parkview). Those are all from 15 minutes to 50 minutes from Temecula. Plus there are some south in SD County but I am not as familiar with those. My sister is a nurse at Parkview and seems to think it is better than some of the others to work at.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excavator View Post
Hello, I am a self-employed excavating contractor and my wife is an RN.... we have to 2 kids and are currently living in Parker, CO....

... my wife is originally from SoCal and still has a relative or three out there (San Diego and Hemet)... anywhoo, everytime we come out to visit (were just there a few weeks ago) we like SoCal more and more...

... I'm not really looking for the pros and cons of Temecula/Murietta as I've been reading this forum for awhile now and have seen enough of each... but I am wondering if someone could point out a few hospitals in the area... right now my wife is a stay at home mom (Ryan is 5 and Lauren is 4 months) but we also figure if we do move out there, until I got my business up and running enough to sustain our household, she may have to go back to work temporarily.....

... also, I'm having a hard time trying to get the pulse of the excavating business out there too.... here in CO the housing market has taken a dive so that's effected the residential side of excavating, but the commercial side of things in the excavating business is still "ok" .... I do both residential and commercial so I can fall back on either one as needed....

... so I'll stop rambling now and just ask.... what are the closest (within reason) hospitals... and does anyone know anything about the excavating business out there ?

Thanks to all who take the time to answer....
I am a recruiter from NYC and I have a need for a RN in california. This position is to work out of a hospital. if interested email. resume to [email]mcsoler@aol.com[/email]

Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 PM

9 posts, read 28,107 times
Default Here ya go

There's Fallbrook Hospital (Fallbrook), Rancho Springs Medical Center (in Murrieta), Inland Valley (Wildomar), Menifee Valley Medical Center (Menifee)

Old 02-03-2008, 02:30 PM

11 posts, read 34,570 times
I moved to Branson Missouri from So. Cal. There is so much opportunity out here right now for excavating, both residential and commercial, in So. Mo and in Northern Arkansas. I've read that Springfield, Mo, is supposed to be a hot spot for the future medical field. You can get a lot for the same prices you'll be paying in Temecula, etc. and you can be right on Table Rock Lake. The humidity is definitely something you'd have to get used to, but it's better than smog, I think. If at all interested, check out Branson and Springfield, Mo. If I can help you, let me know.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:49 AM

34 posts, read 99,501 times
Default Also in Colorado, considering a move...

Hi Excavator!

Saw your post, and had to reply.

We live in SE Aurora currently, and hubby is in a resilient flooring contractor (both commercial & residential...although mostly commercial at this point!) in the area. We are also considering a move out to the SD/IE area. I am leaning strongly to the Temecula area, but have concerns of commute time, not knowing where the majority of the work will be. Have you gotten a feel at all for the commericial construction market out there? He does alot of work right now in Healthcare facilities, schools, retail etc.

If there is anyone who could give me an idea of what the commercial side of the construction market looks like out there, it would be greatly appreciated. It is a hard thing to guage, and since I am a SAHM it really makes us nervous not knowing what the job market out there is for his line of work.

Any input would be appreciated.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:51 AM

3 posts, read 9,134 times
Hey TSch, not much luck so far getting info on the working conditions out there.... have had a few people PM me with some hospital info though... much appreciated.... my next step may be signing up for the Cali / IE edition (I believe it covers both San Bernardino and Riverside Counties) of the online bid service I currently use for all of my Colorado stuff to try and see what bid leads are being offered out there..... that's about all I can tell you for now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties