Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:01 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,414,174 times

Advertisements

You might consider Lancaster and Palmdale. they aren't far from Barstow area and pretty nice communities, they have metro link commuter service into LA too....

Apple Valley tho would be my choice between the two

-Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 11:33 PM

26 posts, read 85,390 times
your best bet is to just try to get away from the high desert A.S.A.P. i grew up in Victorville and i just came back here after 2 years living in seattle and 3 years in pittsburgh, i was here for about an hour befor i rememberd why i left in the first place, rude people, bad economy, gangs, high crime rate, everything is WAY to expinsive, just a trashy area. i am a truck driver and have seen a lot of the U.S. and this has got to be one of the worst areas of this country

Old 02-23-2008, 12:47 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Victorville is just downright scary now! Developers have totally ruined any niceness it may have had a few years back. Several years ago I lived in the Eagle Ranch subdivision and it was nice. Now, there are so many houses all crammed in right on top of each other. It's extremely depressing. A lot of foreclosures and every one of them being vandalized by thugs. In my area if there is a foreclosure, at least it is maintained like people still live there. In Victorville it just looks like a wasteland. Very depressing place.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:34 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I think both places are pretty decent, but it depends on what part you live in, of any town. We're looking to relocate to Victorville or Hesperia real soon.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:23 PM

215 posts, read 985,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Victorville is just downright scary now! Developers have totally ruined any niceness it may have had a few years back. Several years ago I lived in the Eagle Ranch subdivision and it was nice. Now, there are so many houses all crammed in right on top of each other. It's extremely depressing. A lot of foreclosures and every one of them being vandalized by thugs. In my area if there is a foreclosure, at least it is maintained like people still live there. In Victorville it just looks like a wasteland. Very depressing place.
I think you are over doing it, its not that bad now in Adelanto is very bad

Old 02-25-2008, 01:54 PM

365 posts, read 1,418,941 times
Apple Valley. There are some nice areas in Victorville, but shady areas as well. What are you looking for in terms of area, ammenities, proximities, and housing prices?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:22 AM

35 posts, read 143,659 times
Stick to desert knolls area in Apple Valley. You will pay a little more but the location and general area is nicer.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:17 AM

15 posts, read 77,655 times
So, now I'm wondering if we made the right decision in selling our home in Florida (yes, we know how to vote in NE Florida !) to move to the VV area somewhere. Unkllar says it depends on what area you are interested in. Dragon Magick says NO area there is worth a hoot. Okay, so give me a list of the better areas of Victoville, since it looks like the prices in AV or SVL are out of reach for us. Thank you.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:35 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
I live in a beautiful area of Apple Valley. Been here for three years and love everything about it. those people who bad mouth it won't be happy anywhere. The best bet is to move here, get a rental, and live here for six months while you learn the area, so you can make an intelligent decision on whee to live.
That advice holds true of any new area you want to move to, anywhere in the world. You can't find the perfect place to live looking in a blog site. The reason they make different flavors of ice cream is because everyone has different tastes..!
Some area's are better than others, but I am in VV daily and have yet to ever see any crime. If you want to find it, I'm sure you can, but it's not lurking on every street corner. Crime won't find you, you will find it. I don't chose to find it..!

Old 03-03-2008, 12:43 PM

365 posts, read 1,418,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVaysa View Post
So, now I'm wondering if we made the right decision in selling our home in Florida (yes, we know how to vote in NE Florida !) to move to the VV area somewhere. Unkllar says it depends on what area you are interested in. Dragon Magick says NO area there is worth a hoot. Okay, so give me a list of the better areas of Victoville, since it looks like the prices in AV or SVL are out of reach for us. Thank you.
What is considered out of reach? That'll help greatly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties