Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,660 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am looking for some honest feedback and the most desirable neighborhoods in Chino and some info about areas to avoid would be helpful as well. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 07:09 PM

6 posts, read 15,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmove View Post
Hello! I am looking for some honest feedback and the most desirable neighborhoods in Chino and some info about areas to avoid would be helpful as well. Thanks!
Hi there,

I've lived in Chino for all 22 years of my life (minus the past four years during my undergrad studies in San Diego). As I am an urban planner, I hope my feedback is qualified enough.

The most desirable neighborhoods are mainly concentrated in the southern end of the city. Since good neighborhoods are usually correlated with good schools, I'll highlight that. Check out homes around Edwin Rhodes Elementary school (one of the top rated in the county), in College Park (newer homes), and the Preserve (which also holds Cal Aero - another top performing school). College Park has been RAPIDLY developing as of late, so now would be a good time to check it out. It seems that's where a lot of money is concentrated (nicer cars driving around, larger homes, numerous community parks). The Preserve is also very nice, but in a very remote location (next to smelly dairies and bordering Eastvale). However, the students there get to attend Chino Hills High, so that may be a plus. The two Chino high schools aren't rated very high. I attended Chino High and would not recommend it until they actually put some money back into the school.

Areas to avoid - hmmm. Honestly, I would feel completely safe in any part of the city. Chino as a whole gets a bad rep, but it's mainly from people that have never actually visited for an extended period of time. I suppose the central area (around Chino High) is a bit more poor/rundown, however there's more and more people moving in with money. In fact, in one of the most poor parts of Chino is the (somewhat new) Oxford Preparatory Academy, which has a 10/10 rating on Great Schools.

So if you're looking for an aesthetically nicer area, definitely look to the southern ends. For points of reference, you'll also find nice neighborhoods around Cypress Trails Park, Howard Cattle Elementary School, Mountain View Park, and Shady Grove Park. Though, I must warn you it's typical suburbia cookie cutter homes.

There are also nicer areas to the east near the 71 freeway (older homes but decently maintained) and other pleasant communities sprinkled throughout the area.

I kind of wrote a lot, so I'll stop for now. Let me know if you want more info and I'd be glad to help you out!

Cheers!

Old 01-08-2015, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,660 times
Thank you very much, icuc_me! That was very helpful and very thorough. I appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:13 PM

6 posts, read 15,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmove View Post
Thank you very much, icuc_me! That was very helpful and very thorough. I appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.
No problem! Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

PS. I notice I said "to the east" when I mentioned the 71 freeway. That should say "to the west".

Cheers!

Old 01-08-2015, 10:26 PM

162 posts, read 381,139 times
I would echo the poster above. The Preserve & College Park are both excellent neighborhoods. College Park is definitely more centrally located (which is a big plus) but I have found that it's proximity to the men's prison is a turnoff for some. The Preserve is definitely more isolated (positive or negative depending on what you want) and the diary smell can be annoying to some. That being said it's amazingly well planned, has a beautiful park house, great homes, top schools & the people really seem to love being here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties