Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 01:58 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,696,027 times

Advertisements

I'll be visiting LA again this May (first trip last August). Spending more time this time around so being a big Dodgers fan I'm thinking of making a day trip to Rancho for a Single A Quakes game. They are in town for about 5-6 games when I'll be there. The game would be about 7 pm.

Only problem is I can't buy a ticket for the game until I know when Kershaw is pitching. I def do not want to miss Kershaw on the mound for a Single A game. So probably will have to buy a ticket a week in advance when the rotation is lined up better.

Anyway..I know it's about an hour drive from LA but traffic can play a part. Because of that thinking about leaving LA around noon and hoping to find something to do before the game.

Whether it's actually in Rancho or just on the route towards Rancho I was wondering what is worth doing that won't cost too much and require a lot of time.

Awesome scenic views? Nice Sports Bars/Restaurants? Is the stadium easy to get to?

Is there a better day to visit than others? Weekend versus week day.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 02:32 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,440,674 times
Two huge malls you could windowshop or people watch ...
Ontario Mills is close, a couple miles south of the field. There's a Dave & Buster's there.
Northeast of the field is another mall called Victoria Gardens - there's a TGIFridays there.

LoanMart Field is easy to get to.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:27 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Why is Kershaw pitching in Single A in May?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:54 PM

116 posts, read 186,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Why is Kershaw pitching in Single A in May?
I was wondering the same thing...

Funny thing though, I was in Rancho just the other day. The ballpark is simply beautiful, one of the best minor league facilities in the country, that I've seen. I do have to say though, not being too familiar with the area, I wasn't expecting so much smog and traffic. Guess I forgot how close it is to LA and that it's a bedroom community for lots of people.

But again...you're wondering when in May Kershaw will be pitching for the Quakes? Do you have some sort of crystal ball and see an early-season injury he'll need to rehab for?

Old 02-23-2015, 12:37 PM

Only way Kershaw would be pitching in single A is if it's a rehab. Lets hope that does not happen.
My point is that when he does pitch @ Dodger Stadium I have to be there. I don't want to buy my Single A ticket for say Tuesday May 12th and realize he's pitching that day at Dodger Stadium. And I won't really have an idea on when he's pitching till probably at the earliest the week prior.

Thanks for all the info.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Two huge malls you could windowshop or people watch ...
Ontario Mills is close, a couple miles south of the field. There's a Dave & Buster's there.
Northeast of the field is another mall called Victoria Gardens - there's a TGIFridays there.

LoanMart Field is easy to get to.

I like the mall idea. Which malls are they? Thanks

Old 02-23-2015, 01:46 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,440,674 times
Quote:
I like the mall idea. Which malls are they? Thanks
Ontario Mills
Victoria Gardens

Old 02-23-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Thanks. I misread originally. I thought you were mentioning two other ones. Appreciate it.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:32 PM

817 posts, read 923,099 times
I haven't been to a game in 12 years. What I have noticed is after the first few years of sellouts, the stadium does not look so full, unless a pitcher is doing a rehab. Those can wind up with the organization ordering the pitcher to groove fastballs. Randy Johnson got shelled in his Cal League rehab, which was a sellout.

So I think you will be OK in waiting to see the Dodgers rotation before buying your tickets.

Things to do nearby...
For a mall I would choose Victoria Gardens over Mills, but it is a mall. If you like to walk, there are two choices. Park at Von's at Foothill and Euclid and walk uphill until you get tired, then walk downhill. The other is the P-E trail, which you can pick up at either Foothill west of Vineyard, or at "Central Park" at Baseline and Milliken. In either case I would walk east.

You can also take a drive up Euclid to Mt Baldy Village, though I am not sure of anything to do there outside ski season. There are great downhill views from the top of streets like Haven and Archibald, but in August, it is too smoggy to see.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:56 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
If you are going to a mall I'd highly recommend Victoria Gardens over Ontario Mills. It is a beautiful outdoor Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties