Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2015, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,559 times

Advertisements

Hi I am up for a job transfer soon to Redlands or possibly Yucaipa, CA and would love to live in the Temecula area except I hear the traffic is horrible what other cities similar to Temecula closer to Redlands? Looking for rental homes 4 bedroom 2 ba.

I have done my research and know to stay away from Moreno Valley,CA. Any other suggestions looking for a nice area that is green and not so hot. Or am I just better off finding a home in Redlands, CA? Everything I see online that is somewhat affordable seems to have been built years ago.

Beaumont, CA seems to have more affordable homes. Help with Info on these locations I have been online researching and seem to be cross eyed by now.

Last edited by irmalhernandez; 03-07-2015 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,450 times
Hey, Temecula is generally pretty expensive so I would definitely try to stay out of that area. I would try Yucaipa. It has grown into a larger city with more shopping and restaurants, but at a cheaper price than Redlands. If that is not cheap enough, then Beaumont is a bit further, but will also be less expensive.

However, there really isn't an issue to living in Moreno Valley. There are pretty cheap homes available for rent and the commute to Redlands is quick if you take the San Timiteo canyon to cut through (instead of the traffic filled freeway).

I would just check for rentals to live in that are around your budget and then go from there. The Redlands area is very nice so whichever place fits your budget in the surrounding area will be nice. Southern California is all generally pretty hot so you're not likely to find anywhere that's too much cooler unless you go towards to beach and commute. I would suggest looking for a home that is part of a complex because they are more likely to have large grassy areas and even pools.

Last edited by Anon15; 03-29-2015 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Misunderstood Question

Old 03-30-2015, 09:28 AM
QIS

920 posts, read 5,122,399 times
Hi Irma,
Yes that commute is a mess! I don't have any ares closer to Redlands or Yucaipa that are green and not so hot in the summer except the mountain communities- those two cities have nice weather most every other time of the year though. Beaumont and Banning do have some really nice areas, some of the nicer areas there are older. I recommend just spending more time touring those cities/areas.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:39 PM

162 posts, read 378,881 times
It's about an hour one way during rush hour. Not horrible but not amazing either. Keep in mind that is FROM the freeway entrance in Temecula since there are some homes pretty far off the freeway in Temecula. If you choose to be in French Valley/Wildomar expect to add 20+ minutes to your commute getting down Winchester (major pain)

Avoid Moreno Valley at all costs. Menifee isn't bad and would be a bit closer but doesn't have as much to do as Temecula does. Murrieta is another decent choice. Beaumont is a nice area but from what I've heard taxes can be quite high

Old 03-31-2015, 04:08 PM

105 posts, read 372,917 times
Redlands and Yucaipa is a pretty far drive. Check out Murrietta. Why not live in temecula itself so you don't have to drive so far. Beaumont is very nice but again still pretty far. I live in Beaumont. I like it, except the tax rate is high( about 6000 + a year) But it's a very safe and quiet area. If you choose beaumont, I would stay away from the developments with high hoa's like fairway canyon, and sundance. The hoa's make the rent higher and the mortgage payments higher if you buy. Stay around the houses near kohls- nice area, no hoa's. But there is really not much to do here in the way of shopping and eating. Some cool mom and pop joints and then a chillis, Applebee's. In the summer the city does free concerts, movies in the park, cherry festival, and a big Fourth of July show.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:19 PM

109 posts, read 140,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorfanatic1 View Post
It's about an hour one way during rush hour. Not horrible but not amazing either. Keep in mind that is FROM the freeway entrance in Temecula since there are some homes pretty far off the freeway in Temecula. If you choose to be in French Valley/Wildomar expect to add 20+ minutes to your commute getting down Winchester (major pain)

Avoid Moreno Valley at all costs. Menifee isn't bad and would be a bit closer but doesn't have as much to do as Temecula does. Murrieta is another decent choice. Beaumont is a nice area but from what I've heard taxes can be quite high
North Moreno Valley and Southeastern is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties