Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 01:13 PM

7 posts, read 10,712 times

Advertisements

We are potential first time home-buyers looking to buy in Corona or Eastvale. Our budget is around 450-500k. We are currently in Orange County and my husband works in Brea. We are aware of the commute problem but we cannot afford a SFH in OC. What are some of the good neighborhoods in Eastvale and Corona where we can get a house for this budget with good schools. We are also looking for private schools in the area(preferably non-sectarian). Any heads up or information will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:33 PM

162 posts, read 381,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apn15 View Post
We are potential first time home-buyers looking to buy in Corona or Eastvale. Our budget is around 450-500k. We are currently in Orange County and my husband works in Brea. We are aware of the commute problem but we cannot afford a SFH in OC. What are some of the good neighborhoods in Eastvale and Corona where we can get a house for this budget with good schools. We are also looking for private schools in the area(preferably non-sectarian). Any heads up or information will be greatly appreciated.
I'd look in Chino Hills or Southern Chino as well. Those can take the canyon to Brea.

Eastvale has the Corona/Norco school district & very good schools. So does Southern Chino/Chino Hills. Keep in mind the dairy smell/flies can be pretty heavy on the West side of Eastvale & Southern Chino.

South Corona is also VERY Nice (Sycamore Creek, Eagle Glen etc.) and boasts good schools

Fair warning thou the 91/15 interchange is pretty awful

Old 04-21-2015, 12:04 AM

Thank you for replying. We also thought of South Corona but do not know whether these neighborhoods have anything for the price range. We will check out Sycamore creek and Eagle glen.
Yes the smell and flies is the only reason why we would not consider Eastvale.
Chino hills was definitely an option but again price range. My husband has flexible timings and so we hope we can somehow manage the commute. We need more space for the kids and that's why the move and it's really very difficult to leave OC.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:10 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
There aren't too many bad places in Eastvale. The dairy smell is stronger west of Archibald and Schleisman but I'm guessing that farm will be gone in a year or so. And I think they are starting to grade on Schleisman and Hellman so the smell should be even less. I personally would prefer to be away from the Hamner side simply because it's a busy street with a lot of traffic. Anywhere west of Hamner and south of Limonite are best. You should be able to get a nice house for under $500k.

Chino Hills is a little more expensive, you will get a smaller house for the same price. The 91/15 is awful now because of construction, when they finish (I think before 2016) the traffic should flow better. But there will still be heavy traffic.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:54 AM

23 posts, read 110,425 times
I haven't smelled anything in Eastvale in a long time. Maybe in the winter once in a while when its cool. But I guess it would smell closer to Archibald (westside of Eastvale) because of the diaries in Chino. I would suggest driving to Eastvale a few different times to check out the people, smell, etc. And also drive from Eastvale to Brea in the morning and after work to get a feel for the commute. Eastvale does allow you to bypass the 91/15 by cutting through Schleisman, but even that backs up in the morning unless you work off peak hours.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:51 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,435,320 times
Quote:
I haven't smelled anything in Eastvale in a long time.
Heh. The only good thing about a drought.
No moisture in the air. If we get a few really good wet days ...

Old 04-21-2015, 10:15 PM

162 posts, read 381,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apn15 View Post
Thank you for replying. We also thought of South Corona but do not know whether these neighborhoods have anything for the price range. We will check out Sycamore creek and Eagle glen.
Yes the smell and flies is the only reason why we would not consider Eastvale.
Chino hills was definitely an option but again price range. My husband has flexible timings and so we hope we can somehow manage the commute. We need more space for the kids and that's why the move and it's really very difficult to leave OC.
Sycamore Creek should be in your price range. It's newer & very family oriented. So should Eagle Glen. Dos Lagos is also very nice BUT there are no schools directly in Dos Lagos so you need to cross the freeway to get to schools which can be annoying

Like others have said the smell isn't bad east of Archibald, West of Archibald is where most of the new homes are thou.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:37 AM

So we have finally zeroed in on Corona and will start looking actively this June.
Any suggestions on good neighborhoods other than Sycamore Creek and Eagle glen.
Does Corona have good private non-sectarian schools and how are the public schools?

Old 05-18-2015, 07:29 AM

22 posts, read 40,683 times
I wouldn't send my kids to school in any community in the IE besides Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Lake Arrowhead, or Chino Hills. Those are the only nice cities with NO bad areas at all. The thing about the IE is that its very patchy, you can live in a great community two blocks from "Compton in the Desert" which means your kids will likely go to school with those kids from the hood two blocks over.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:50 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieFromLA View Post
I wouldn't send my kids to school in any community in the IE besides Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Lake Arrowhead, or Chino Hills. Those are the only nice cities with NO bad areas at all. The thing about the IE is that its very patchy, you can live in a great community two blocks from "Compton in the Desert" which means your kids will likely go to school with those kids from the hood two blocks over.
Haven't been to Eastvale or South Corona, have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties