Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 01:12 PM

149 posts, read 154,987 times

Advertisements

budget is $350,000

Thanks for the input! We've been looking at Austin quite a bit, it seems like what we are looking for. My wife grew up in San Diego, lived there for 16 years, and really misses the area, so we were just hoping there may be an option there as well. We have at least a year left in graduate school so we have time to figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 05:37 PM

87 posts, read 139,132 times
You can afford a townhome or condo in North San Diego, there are lots of 2 bedrooms and a few 3 bedrooms for that price in Rancho Bernardo which is a suburb but in the city. I am sure there are other areas you can find something. You would also be fine in Encinitas which is a suburb but has a lot of young singles as well. You can find things in SD if you're willing to live in an attached home or buy a fixer. It won't be in La Jolla or Bankers Hill but plenty of nice areas in SD where you might be able to find a town home or a condo if you're open to that. You might get a cross eyed look but nobody will say a thing to you besides maybe a mentally ill drunk bum which SD has in abundance. But don't take it personal they scream obscenities at everyone.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:49 PM

363 posts, read 482,358 times
In the land of the bros, the dirt bikes, and the large pick up trucks? Hispanics, filipinos, blacks, whites, samoans, marines, and navy people mesh into one big tan color? Where Cochella, Stagecoach, Bob Marley day are all highly celebrated within 45 minutes of here? I highly doubt anyone will give two figs about how you look. I think you will do just fine here. Just keep an open mind that if you want to do stuff or have a good paying job, you will be commuting and shelling out CASH.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadinpgh View Post
Let's put it this way, transplants who come here from more open minded areas of the country commonly refer to the Pittsburgh region as "Pennsyltucky"
HAHAHAHAHA... my tax professor called it the same thing!

Old 05-13-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetoughkitty View Post
In the land of the bros, the dirt bikes, and the large pick up trucks? Hispanics, filipinos, blacks, whites, samoans, marines, and navy people mesh into one big tan color? Where Cochella, Stagecoach, Bob Marley day are all highly celebrated within 45 minutes of here? I highly doubt anyone will give two figs about how you look. I think you will do just fine here. Just keep an open mind that if you want to do stuff or have a good paying job, you will be commuting and shelling out CASH.
The bolded sounds like you're describing north San Diego not the Riverside part of 909. Not many blacks, Asians or any significant military out there.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:07 PM

Nearly 20% of the Temecula/Murrieta area is black/asian or some other race not hispanic or white according to the latest census. I think if you went door to door here in town, you'd find that a lot of people are associated with the military in some way shape or form. We're right between Pendelton and March Reserve base. Not that far from 29 Palms either.

Also, Temecula/ Murrieta are the 951 area code

Old 05-13-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Nearly 20% of the Temecula/Murrieta area is black/asian or some other race not hispanic or white according to the latest census. I think if you went door to door here in town, you'd find that a lot of people are associated with the military in some way shape or form. We're right between Pendelton and March Reserve base. Not that far from 29 Palms either.

Also, Temecula/ Murrieta are the 951 area code
I guessed there was a few Chinese but not 20 percent, wow! I thought most IE black folks lived in San Berdoo, Moreno Valley and the High Desert?

Ah, the 909 is just shorthand for the IE you know that. It's like "the OC" or "the big apple"

I don't see why Pendleton families would live in Temecula or Murrieta when they can live for the same price in Poway or even Fallbrook. Even here in Lakeside I have a few Pendleton neighbors.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:17 PM

Asian, a lot more than just Chinese. There is a reason why Mira Mesa used to be called Manila Mesa. Let me guess, you're not a North County native? Sigh.

Why not? The back gate to Pendelton is about 25 minutes from Temecula. And Poway is way more expensive than Temecula/Murrieta. And you are talking about some sketchy places in Fallbrook if you want to pay the same amount of rent as you would in Temecula/Murrieta.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Asian, a lot more than just Chinese. There is a reason why Mira Mesa used to be called Manila Mesa. Let me guess, you're not a North County native? Sigh.

Why not? The back gate to Pendelton is about 25 minutes from Temecula. And Poway is way more expensive than Temecula/Murrieta. And you are talking about some sketchy places in Fallbrook if you want to pay the same amount of rent as you would in Temecula/Murrieta.
No i am from Mass been here for a decade, my wife is a native from LA. My name on here is mass.hole, is that someone a Californian would call themself?

Also it's La Mesa that's Manila Mesa and I thought we were talking abiut Riverside County/Temecula not North Ciunty San Diego where I don't live. Lakeside is East County

Old 05-13-2015, 08:46 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,484,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass hole in Cali View Post
The bolded sounds like you're describing north San Diego not the Riverside part of 909. Not many blacks, Asians or any significant military out there.
Riverside is 951, sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties