Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:59 PM

119 posts, read 174,273 times

Advertisements

I have to head to San Bernardino next week for a week on business and I keep hearing how bad it is. Anyone have any advice as far as good restaurants or bars or the area in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 12:28 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,610,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniec78 View Post
I have to head to San Bernardino next week for a week on business and I keep hearing how bad it is. Anyone have any advice as far as good restaurants or bars or the area in general?
Lots of restaurants with bars on Hospitality Ln. north of the 10 @ the Waterman exit. Berdoo is one rough town so do be careful out there.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,289,472 times
While pricey, the area mentioned by da jammer is likely the only good part of SB for someone coming in for a week. I would definitely go to the Lotus Garden, a wonderful restaurant my wife and I feasted at regularly - M/C, Visa and Debit. There is also a Jackpot restaurant on Waterman just south of the 10 (looks like a hole in the wall) that has superior Asian food as well - they take cash only. If you travel under the 10 and take a left on Redlands, travel about 3 miles to Mountain View - on the right corner is A Dong, a restaurant strongly recommended by colleagues of mine. And traveling further up Redlands Blvd about 4 miles, just past the Post Office on the left is a Thai restaurant. You can find steak and ribs, a world buffet, seafood, and Mexican at other places on Hospitality, but those I've mentioned won't necessarily be listed or they won't necessarily stand out in any directory any hotel may offer.Travel down Hospitality further east , turning right up a road next to Home Depot and before Chuck E. Cheese and you will find other establishments that are like chains, including a newly renovated In and Out Burger.
It was kind of like my backyard for several years, so I apologize if I don't know all the street names.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:12 PM

119 posts, read 174,273 times
Thanks for the feedback. I keep hearing how rough San Bernardino is but luckily I'm only going to be there for 6 days. I'm always curious about restaurants/bars when traveling because I like to unwind after a long day. I do have to try an In N Out Burger. I hear they're good.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:40 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,610,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniec78 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I keep hearing how rough San Bernardino is but luckily I'm only going to be there for 6 days. I'm always curious about restaurants/bars when traveling because I like to unwind after a long day. I do have to try an In N Out Burger. I hear they're good.
there just happens to be an In-N-Out one exit east of Waterman just north of the 10 on Tippecanoe Ave. Get a 4X4 with some animal fries

Old 01-21-2008, 11:01 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
I have to second the recommendation for Lotus Garden on Hospitality Lane. That is the best damn Chinese food you're gonna get in SoCal.

I highly doubt you are gonna be killed in San Bernardino. Just stay away from the Waterman Gardens area and you'll be fine.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 PM

259 posts, read 1,914,580 times
IMO anywhere in s.b. is a cesspool outside of hospitality lane!

Old 01-26-2008, 01:42 PM

875 posts, read 1,082,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I have to second the recommendation for Lotus Garden on Hospitality Lane. That is the best damn Chinese food you're gonna get in SoCal.

I highly doubt you are gonna be killed in San Bernardino. Just stay away from the Waterman Gardens area and you'll be fine.
I drove through the Waterman Gardens area last spring and had no trouble at all. On the other hand, I was driving east on 9th street east of E street and was nearly in the middle of a riot. Sitting there stuck in traffic at a signal light around 5:15 pm, a big fight broke out right next to me on the side walk. Some chick was confronting her man about him cheating on her.....Then a whole crowd started to gather representing each of them. It was the first time in my life I've ever been scared while driving through my old home town. I was in a convertible too.....yikes! I was terrified someone was going to pull out a pistol!

Old 01-26-2008, 02:12 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysrodgers View Post
I drove through the Waterman Gardens area last spring and had no trouble at all. On the other hand, I was driving east on 9th street east of E street and was nearly in the middle of a riot. Sitting there stuck in traffic at a signal light around 5:15 pm, a big fight broke out right next to me on the side walk. Some chick was confronting her man about him cheating on her.....Then a whole crowd started to gather representing each of them. It was the first time in my life I've ever been scared while driving through my old home town. I was in a convertible too.....yikes! I was terrified someone was going to pull out a pistol!
That's when you bust a move onto the sidewalk in your car to escape the fray!

My brother had a '64 Chevy Impala and was in SB in the Waterman Gardens area and a pack of G's ran toward his car and demanded he give it up to him "Yo, yo yo! Ay, give up dat hoop-D". My bro was behind another car at a stop light. Fortunately he wasn't close to the car in front of him so he was able to go around and fly through the red light and get the heck outta there. To this day he always maintains some distance between himself and the car in front of him just in case he has to make a hasty exit.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:52 AM

875 posts, read 1,082,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
That's when you bust a move onto the sidewalk in your car to escape the fray!

My brother had a '64 Chevy Impala and was in SB in the Waterman Gardens area and a pack of G's ran toward his car and demanded he give it up to him "Yo, yo yo! Ay, give up dat hoop-D". My bro was behind another car at a stop light. Fortunately he wasn't close to the car in front of him so he was able to go around and fly through the red light and get the heck outta there. To this day he always maintains some distance between himself and the car in front of him just in case he has to make a hasty exit.
I didn't drive "through" Waterman Gardens, I just drove by it on Waterman and Baseline.

There was too much traffic for me to drive around anything or anyone.......scarey stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties