Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 744 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I don't know if I'm on the right forum here for this subject, if not: does anyone know a better forum for my question. If I am on the right place: I need some information about temporary housing in and around Riverside, CA.
I am a master student from The Netherlands and I will be starting a project at UCR from January until March. I will be needing housing during this 3 month period. What are the best places to look for temporary (fully furnished) housing, preferably not to expensive?

Thank you
Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 01:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,624 times
You can try craigslist: inland empire jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events and click under "Housing"
"rooms / shared" or maybe "sublet / temporary"

My elderly aunt rents furnished rooms to students for about $450 to $500 per month depending on size of room. She lists on craigslist.

You could also ask the graduate student advisor for the deptartment you will be working with, if they could send out an email, on your behalf, inquiring about possible temporary roomate arrangements.

Perhaps a grad student in another department will be doing field research and you can stay at their place? Maybe find out if you can send out mass email to grad students at the particular college? Good luck!

Definitely try to make a few weekend trips while you are here in Riverside, rent a car (does UCR have a car share program?)

Desert - Joshua Tree. Salvation Mountain. Integratron. Death Valley.
Mountains - Big Bear / Lake Arrowhead. Mt Baldy. Yosemite.
Beaches - Manhattan Beach. Venice Beach. Santa Monica. Corona Del Mar. Children's Pool beach in La Jolla. Santa Barbara is an hour and a half drive if you take the 210 freeway to get around/avoid downtown LA

Las Vegas is a 4 hour drive.
San Francisco can be done in 6 to 8 hours if you take the 5 freeway (boring, but fast!)

have fun, leave your heavy coats at home, and wear lots of sunscreen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties