Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 03:36 PM

5 posts, read 16,932 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have a new job at the hospital in Moreno Valley. I've read a lot about the area and it sounds like Temecula might be a nice place to live. I'm wondering, though, what I can expect commute-wise. It seems in my reading that the heaviest drive-time is from Temecula to San Diego, ie south on the 15. Is there a lot of commuter traffic going north on the 15 as well?

Might it be better to live west of MoVal (ie Corona, Chino, etc) and have a 'reverse' commute on the 60 or 91?

We're a family with kids, if that helps w/ recommendations.

Thanks much,
Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 04:48 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,016,133 times
The east end of Moreno Valley (where the hospitals are) is probably the best place to live. You might consider living there. South of the 60 freeway is pretty new.

As far as commuting from Temecula, I am not sure if there is a back up at the 15 / 215 split north of Temecula. I never lived that far south. You will taking the 215 to Moreno Valley. It will back up in the morning where the 60 & 215 meet near Box Springs. But you could get off on Ramona Expressway and go east then head north on Evans. That would take you up close to the hospital and I doubt you would hit traffic there.

I don't know what you are looking for in a town, but Hemet is a decent family town, affordable, and would be an easy commute. Also, Menifee is closer than Temecula and cheaper and a decent place to live too.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:56 PM

24 posts, read 115,673 times
I work at March ARB, and I was going to buy a home in Murrietta Temecula, nice areas, with good schools.

I changed my mind after driving the commute a couple times after looking at homes out there. The traffic is not too bad, but it is getting worse. I found a area in Riverside that is nice, with good schools(Orangecrest). Do a search for homes in the 92508 zip code.

You will find that the homes in the 92508 area code are more expensive than Murrietta Temecula, and Menifee. But with the prices of gas, and time saved on the short commute, its worth it for me.

Good Luck.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:26 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,361,695 times
Short answer: that would be one lousy commute. I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:40 PM

5 posts, read 16,932 times
Thanks all for the responses. Everything else I've found is congruent with what you're saying. We're thinking that we'll bite the bullet and look in Riverside proper (thanks, vizcaya, for the ref to the Orangecrest area). As we're only planning on a 5-year stay in the area (long enough to get our kids' adoptions finalized), we'll probably rent, and homeschool. After that, we're planning to leave California...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties