Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM

158 posts, read 581,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
If you think you're escaping crime ... Dallas is actually one of the worst places to move to. One of the worst crime rates in the country, in fact. Their crime is literally through the roof ...
Link???????? You may want to qualify that statement.

I think you mean Houston.

Dallas is a very large piece of land to make a general, blanket statement like that.

We've done our research, and are moving to a very affluent community, but thank you for your concern
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 07:04 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
Quote:
Was wondering what areas in the Inland Empire would be good to live. I currently live in Phoenix now, but thinking about being closer to the beach and all the activities Cali has to offer, but dont want to spend an arm and leg for a house in OC or LA County. I figured the Inland Empire would be the next best thing. I hear some areas are really crime and gang infested. I thought about the Palm Springs area, but being a white single straight male. I hear Palm Desert and a few other places are nice. I also heard about Fontana, Corona. Any info would be appreciated and if anyone has moved there from the Phoenix area, how does it compare?
Folks, THIS is the topic at hand so let's all keep the responses along the lines of what the OP is looking for. If you feel your comments may be construed as off topic and in conflict with the TOS I suggest you refrain from posting them and go to DM instead. Thank you

Old 02-25-2008, 01:30 PM

365 posts, read 1,419,393 times
How much is "and arm and a leg" to you? My wife enjoys the looks of Rancho Cucamonga, parts of Upland, and Chino Hills a lot, though we're looking more in Norh San Diego County more where is too isn't terribly expensive. She's an AZ girl from Safford and then Mesa. Chino Hills has a curvy small highway that you can roll through on the motorcycle to hit Brea, a nice city in North Orange County. Take that highway to the 57 freeway past Angels Stadium (you can still cheer for the D-backs, they're National league), then the 5 South, 55 East and you're at the water in Newport Beach. I'd be happy to help convert another Maricopa County kid to SoCal, just like my wife converted :-) Let me know if you have any real estate questions!!

Old 02-25-2008, 02:16 PM

101 posts, read 137,441 times
Given the current market conditions, buying anything in the Inland Empire right now would mean risking your financial situation.The are is getting slammed. Prices are and will continue to drop, numbers don't lie. Rancho is overpriced and should be corrected anytime soon. Chino Hills is nice but also sticky on the way down. I would say wait and see where this ting is headed. Not looking good right now though.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:02 AM

17 posts, read 108,691 times
PHx rider, I used to live in Scottsdale for 5 yrs, and I now live in Rancho Cucamonga due to a school residency. Let me first tell you to stay in Phoenix. I used to live in San diego as well and I loved sothern california, now since being here I cannot wait to be done and get outta here. The traffic is unbearable, the people have grown up in this area and have never left, yet it is incredibly boring!!! I saw someone suggest rancho cuc. Well after you get done going to the mall 700 times there is nothing else to do here!

Old 03-21-2008, 08:27 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMHRN View Post
PHx rider, I used to live in Scottsdale for 5 yrs, and I now live in Rancho Cucamonga due to a school residency. Let me first tell you to stay in Phoenix. I used to live in San diego as well and I loved sothern california, now since being here I cannot wait to be done and get outta here. The traffic is unbearable, the people have grown up in this area and have never left, yet it is incredibly boring!!! I saw someone suggest rancho cuc. Well after you get done going to the mall 700 times there is nothing else to do here!
AMHRN, 1 year ago I lived close to where the new I-210 freeway connects to the I-30(Highland ave),near UCSB in SanBndo. In June I moved to Duncan, Oklahoma. I was surprised to find that others from SO,Cal. had moved or are in the process of moving to OK. (go to the OK. forum on the CityData site and see) In a short proximity of where I am in OK.,I found a family from Banning, one from Bloomington, several from SanBndo, and more from different parts of SoCal.
You'd be amazed to see how much OK. in just the opposite of Ca. when it comes to,Traffic, Illegal Immigrants, trashy streets, highways and properties, fresh air(smog) graffitti. and attitudes. You can sell your house in Ca. for around 100,000 and buy one here for spot cash(with property) and still have around 75% left over. One more thing, this isn't flat land like most people think, it's (green) rolling hills and woodland. And the cost of living is much lower.
I miss the mountains, but there is so much here to make up for it.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 10,020 times
Talking phoenix/california water issues

My wife and I want to move out west to phoenix or california area. We are concerned about the drought and water issues. Does anyone know how the water situation in california compares to phoenix. Also, we love Phoenix, what areas of california provide similar lifestyle? thanks

Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 PM

7 posts, read 19,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Work doesnt really matter, I can get a job anywhere within a reasonable commute. I dont know much about Riverside, but I keep hearing the air there is horrible. How is San Bernadino County?
I'm from Riverside and their air is the worest and Riverside is known for its crime. There are few to little good areas in Riverside. If you need to know more then message me.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
The air in San Bernardino is no better than Riverside and if you ask someone who's lived there,,like me,, the crime is worse than Riverside.
San Bernardino County is a big county. In fact it'a the largest county in the US. The size of RhodeIsland and New Hampshire together.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:12 PM

330 posts, read 1,314,224 times
In the Inland Empire, have you considered:

San Bernardino County: Chino Hills, Phillips Ranch, Rialto, Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear?
Riverside County: Murrieta, Temecula, Corona, Indio, Menifee, Wildomar or Hemet?

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties