Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 07:21 PM

81 posts, read 182,024 times

Advertisements

We're currently finding a house in the Temecula or Murrieta area. I'm a fan of dry weather and so far Temecula fits the bill for that. I just happened to notice though that there is quite a difference with the humidity and dewpoint point btw Temecula and Murrieta according to AccuWeather. It's like a 10 degree difference at least. Now maybe for some this makes no difference but for me I find it does especially when it comes to dewpoint. We found a potential place in Murrieta that i like and feel on the fence if the weather is not the same as in Temecula. I don't understand since the 2 cities border each other and are in similar terrain geographically. How could there be such a difference? I understand how the weather will get more humid towards the coast but this I don't understand with Murrieta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 07:35 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadhere View Post
We're currently finding a house in the Temecula or Murrieta area. I'm a fan of dry weather and so far Temecula fits the bill for that. I just happened to notice though that there is quite a difference with the humidity and dewpoint point btw Temecula and Murrieta according to AccuWeather. It's like a 10 degree difference at least. Now maybe for some this makes no difference but for me I find it does especially when it comes to dewpoint. We found a potential place in Murrieta that i like and feel on the fence if the weather is not the same as in Temecula. I don't understand since the 2 cities border each other and are in similar terrain geographically. How could there be such a difference? I understand how the weather will get more humid towards the coast but this I don't understand with Murrieta.
Murrieta gets a bit more of the ocean breeze and a lot of the homes on West of the 15 which pits them close to the hills and valleys the wind flow through. I live in Murrieta and in the Summer we turned off the A/C about PM or so and let the breeze cool the house.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:30 AM

458 posts, read 1,262,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Murrieta gets a bit more of the ocean breeze and a lot of the homes on West of the 15 which pits them close to the hills and valleys the wind flow through. I live in Murrieta and in the Summer we turned off the A/C about PM or so and let the breeze cool the house.
HUH? The ocean breeze comes through the Rainbow gap for southern Temecula. Temecula is closer to rainbow so it tends to stay a bit cooler when compared to Murrieta. I live in the southern most part of Temecula and can drive to Temecula parkway the the temp will increase 3 degrees. It gets warmer the further north you go. Please note, this is just my professional opinion and YMMV.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:10 PM

357 posts, read 224,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalysd View Post
HUH? The ocean breeze comes through the Rainbow gap for southern Temecula. Temecula is closer to rainbow so it tends to stay a bit cooler when compared to Murrieta. I live in the southern most part of Temecula and can drive to Temecula parkway the the temp will increase 3 degrees. It gets warmer the further north you go. Please note, this is just my professional opinion and YMMV.
I live in West Murrieta and get great afternoon breezes. We can get out of the pool on a 95 degree day and be reaching for the towels immediately because we’re chilly thanks to the breeze coming up through the gap.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalysd View Post
Note I said West of the 15. Temecula has just about zero homes West of the 15. The West side of Murrieta gets a lot of wind off the ocean and has a lot of homes. Some of Temecula does, but not as much as it is built further into the East.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:48 PM

661 posts, read 832,364 times
Some areas of Murrieta are so close to Temecula like walking across the street the question is will not always be answered in a relevant way.

Go to the back of Harveston in Temecula and it borders Murrieta by Date Street alone, some 30 feet.

De Luz, Temecula and LA Cresta Murrieta area are cooler as they are up out of the valley and just miles to the ocean. In the Valley South Temecula does tend to get more evening breezes. Overall Murrieta and Temecula get virtually the same weather with these minor differences, after all back in the day they were one on the same city Rancho California.

When we got snow a few years ago the area of Clinton Keith off the 15 freeway to Bear Creek in the valley had the snow stick for over a week, so is cooler there at least in the winter.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 PM

357 posts, read 224,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Some areas of Murrieta are so close to Temecula like walking across the street the question is will not always be answered in a relevant way.

Go to the back of Harveston in Temecula and it borders Murrieta by Date Street alone, some 30 feet.

De Luz, Temecula and LA Cresta Murrieta area are cooler as they are up out of the valley and just miles to the ocean. In the Valley South Temecula does tend to get more evening breezes. Overall Murrieta and Temecula get virtually the same weather with these minor differences, after all back in the day they were one on the same city Rancho California.

When we got snow a few years ago the area of Clinton Keith off the 15 freeway to Bear Creek in the valley had the snow stick for over a week, so is cooler there at least in the winter.
That snow came 12/31/2014, our first New Year’s Eve in our new home. It was special and memorable.
I hope it will happen again although it was kinda hard on some of the plants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties