Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 AM

10 posts, read 53,581 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! So thankful to find this forum. My husband and I are considering moving to palm springs area this summer. Last year we made the mistake of moving to desert hot springs and we quickly came back to glendale. I don't want to make the mistake of moving to a bad area again. Our situation is that we are saving enough money to come out and pay 6 months rent up front while we look for work. We had no problem finding jobs last year when we moved, so that is not really a concern. There are a few places that we are looking at and I was wondering if someone could tell me their thoughts? The first is the Palm Springs Villas I & II--it says they are near the tramway. The building looks beautiful-gated with roaming security. The rent is between $650-$800 depending on the owner. Is this a good area- for some reason I can't picture where the tramway is.
Also, there is a building called the smoketree which is on Washington Blvd - the address is indio, but it is right across the street from where a friend of ours lived in palm desert near la quinta. Not too far from the I-10. It is a little more pricey- $850.00 for a one bedroom.
Can anyone tell me what areas to stay away from besides desert hot springs?
Thanks for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 02:05 PM

45 posts, read 249,450 times
The further down the desert you go, the more conservative it becomes. When the housing market was booming, the service industry(workers) had a shortage of places they could live affordably. Alot of the low price condos turned into vast rental communities and the snowbirds stopped going there. North end of P.S and DHS were just a couple of examples of areas that were still affordable for the working class. Parts of Cat. City, Indio, Coachella, etc. as well. Best way to get a feel for the neighborhood is go to the grocery store nearest your proposed domicile and do it in the morning during the week and after work(6PM). These are your neighbors. I remember all the food stamps in line in front of me at one of the stores in Glendale years ago when I lived there.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:26 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
If you look at a map of Palm Springs, the tram is north of the city along hwy 111 against the mountain. There is not much around there though you are quite close to downtown Palm Springs. There are a few pockets of Palm Springs that are pretty run down. Definitely stay away from North Palm Springs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties