Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 08:38 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
You noticed that too, huh? There's a lot about the original post that doesn't pass the smell test!

I also try really hard not to be a "Grammar/Spelling Nazi" either, but I've got to admit, this one has me "chomping at the bit" ...
I bet it was intenced to have you "chomping at the ... bait".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 10:54 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,041,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I bet it was intenced to have you "chomping at the ... bait".

Old 08-15-2016, 03:34 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,216 times
You should have researched San Bernardino before moving. Buying a house in a city you're not familiar with and without having a job first is very risky. SB is another poorly run city with terrible administrations in a superb location.

San Bernardino is the way it is partly because of the recent influx of people from Los Angeles. Many of these folks leave a lot to be desired. People in L.A. are being squeezed and priced out of their area and they're heading east for the lesser expensive homes in an area with low paying jobs. Welcome to the Los Angelesization of the Inland Empire.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:38 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Welcome to the IE OP.

Most of us end up there because we aren't good enough for LA or OC.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:15 PM

50,273 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Expecting job in three weeks.... bzzzt wrong answer.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:23 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
I was raised in San Bernardino, and am a product of its public school system, having graduated from high school in the mid-70s. It was no picnic even then -- I remember the police coming through to break up near-riots based on race 2 or 3 times each year.

Everything got worse after Norton Air Force Base closed, as the payroll dried up.

Currently, I think if God decided the Earth needed an enema, He would select San Bernardino for the point of application.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:38 PM

922 posts, read 1,111,677 times
Whoa, whoa- you actually thought SB was a decent city?? OP, have you lived under a rock for 35 years? SB is known as one of the worst cities in So Cal- how did you not know that or even come to discover that when you were researching the city? Five bucks says you live in the area by the college, which is barely decent at best. Go 2 blocks and you're wishing that your car is bulletproof.

BTW, I am also 35 and was born and raised in So Cal. You know what I did when I realized that the only homes my DH and I could afford would be in places like SB or Rialto, etc? We moved to Texas. Bought a beautiful home in a safe neighborhood, great schools and with one of the strongest economies in the country.

Sell that house pronto and do your children a favor because you sure as hell didn't when you bought a home in SB.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:19 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calilove78 View Post
I regret coming to this city. I just bought my first home here in San Bernardino and instead of being happy im miserable here. Its not the heat its just that their is nothing to do over here and no jobs.i been here 3 weeks been applying even since before i came and NOTHING!! Im coming from Los Angeles \ East L.A.. I came over here thinking ima give my kids a better life but this city has nothing to offer us. I see alot of homelessness, the majority are Homeless and prostitutes. I see young adults and all they do is smoke weed and offer to rake or paint our house. They have no future. They look like hillbillies but hispanic ones. For one... the highschool here Sbh is bad. The area looks like South Central starting from highland n E st. Alot of homeless blacks. On mondays kids start school late, at 9:45 am Why?..idk?!?! I feel thats just giving kids a chance to be lazy. People over here are full of tattoos. Everywhere i go i see people with a bunch of tattoos like Wal-Mart, HomeDepot, Mcdonalds, Arco, circle K.. Its pathetic. I think people on this sode Idolize the L.A. lifestyle but is not like that. Los Angrles is a fast paced city we are on the go 24-7 doing things. Here is so slow. I feel lile they are behind and everyone here lack of character. They have no charisma no sense of humor. They are dried people. I really cant wait to sell my house once i have enough equity. I really want to leave already n not raise my kids on this side.Biggest mistake i have even done in my life. Cant wait to get back to my city L.A.
Anyone on this board could have told you about San Bernardino. Why would you move there without a job and why would you move there without researching the area?

Old 08-17-2016, 06:58 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So...did you do like zero research before putting down for what tends to be the biggest purchase in one's life?

The crime, the job markets, etc...it's not like that was a secret.
I don't get that either. It's no secret San Berdoo has a lot of issues and is one of the highest rated crime cities in CA. No shocker there. It's been that way for many years and has only gotten worse not better. Why someone would move there and then complain about the lack of jobs and crime is beyond me.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:15 AM

50,273 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Don't forget fires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties