Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 08:19 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,628,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
UH maybe a better word than 'passed' should have been used, considering the enema comment.
You're the only user who caught that. Congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 10:32 AM

4 posts, read 20,930 times
Cant wait to sell

Old 01-02-2017, 04:48 PM

1,098 posts, read 905,071 times
My girlfriend's idiot brother didn't like the fact that some 17 year old gang banger was using the N word and decided to speak up. We got chased down the streets by his big white SUV. Had to hide in the parking lot of a nearby apartment complex. Pretty sure the guy was packing heat. One of the scariest moments of my life.

But it's not all bad. I learned a new new song in Seccombe Lake Park. Some dude thought it was appropriate to turn this gem up to 100.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZo26PzXohU

Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 PM

22,667 posts, read 24,635,434 times
I usually read-up on a place that I am considering moving to......so I don't have big surprises when I get there and settle in.

Just by doing a little reading about SB, wow, it sounds like it is verging on Mad-Max.........I would never even consider living there.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:03 AM

112 posts, read 154,524 times
San Bernardino is a melting pot of hood and dirtbags. Bad people from anywhere move or come hang in the city. No other Inland city is close to the amount of hood that's in the Dino. Lots of folks talk down on the other IE areas but S.B has it's own feel and vibe.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:24 PM

167 posts, read 195,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calilove78 View Post
im only 35 yrs old and im a home owner
this statement would be considered a joke until about year 2004.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:19 PM

1,098 posts, read 905,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medweedfeelsgood View Post
San Bernardino is a melting pot of hood and dirtbags.
San Bernadino reminded me a lot of Daytona Beach, Florida. Just a bunch of people floating around who are either A) Apathetic B) Crazy C) Drugged out of their minds OR D) All of the above.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:37 PM

4 posts, read 6,320 times
So, the area Arrowhead is bad as well. That's the college you speak of right? Btw..think of buying there with the fam.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:41 PM

4 posts, read 6,320 times
Quote:
I regret coming to this city. I just bought my first home here in San Bernardino and instead of being happy im miserable here. Its not the heat its just that their is nothing to do over here and no jobs.i been here 3 weeks been applying even since before i came and NOTHING!! Im coming from Los Angeles \ East L.A.. I came over here thinking ima give my kids a better life but this city has nothing to offer us. I see alot of homelessness, the majority are Homeless and prostitutes. I see young adults and all they do is smoke weed and offer to rake or paint our house. They have no future. They look like hillbillies but hispanic ones. For one... the highschool here Sbh is bad. The area looks like South Central starting from highland n E st. Alot of homeless blacks. On mondays kids start school late, at 9:45 am Why?..idk?!?! I feel thats just giving kids a chance to be lazy. People over here are full of tattoos. Everywhere i go i see people with a bunch of tattoos like Wal-Mart, HomeDepot, Mcdonalds, Arco, circle K.. Its pathetic. I think people on this sode Idolize the L.A. lifestyle but is not like that. Los Angrles is a fast paced city we are on the go 24-7 doing things. Here is so slow. I feel lile they are behind and everyone here lack of character. They have no charisma no sense of humor. They are dried people. I really cant wait to sell my house once i have enough equity. I really want to leave already n not raise my kids on this side.Biggest mistake i have even done in my life. Cant wait to get back to my city L.A.
What part did you move to? Has it gotten any better? Thinking of buying there too.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:03 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,231,224 times
Quote:
I regret coming to this city. I just bought my first home here in San Bernardino and instead of being happy im miserable here. Its not the heat its just that their is nothing to do over here and no jobs.i been here 3 weeks been applying even since before i came and NOTHING!! Im coming from Los Angeles \ East L.A.. I came over here thinking ima give my kids a better life but this city has nothing to offer us. I see alot of homelessness, the majority are Homeless and prostitutes. I see young adults and all they do is smoke weed and offer to rake or paint our house. They have no future. They look like hillbillies but hispanic ones. For one... the highschool here Sbh is bad. The area looks like South Central starting from highland n E st. Alot of homeless blacks. On mondays kids start school late, at 9:45 am Why?..idk?!?! I feel thats just giving kids a chance to be lazy. People over here are full of tattoos. Everywhere i go i see people with a bunch of tattoos like Wal-Mart, HomeDepot, Mcdonalds, Arco, circle K.. Its pathetic. I think people on this sode Idolize the L.A. lifestyle but is not like that. Los Angrles is a fast paced city we are on the go 24-7 doing things. Here is so slow. I feel lile they are behind and everyone here lack of character. They have no charisma no sense of humor. They are dried people. I really cant wait to sell my house once i have enough equity. I really want to leave already n not raise my kids on this side.Biggest mistake i have even done in my life. Cant wait to get back to my city L.A.
Hopefully, this illustrates to everyone that it's not the place that is intrinsically good or bad (weather conditions excepted) but local factors, such as the local economy, but more impactfully the kinds of people that live there.

Places like San Bernadino, that used to be more prosperous and middle class and liveable, are representative of the national decline of American culture - which unsurprisingly also has coincided with the demographic diminishment of the American people themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties