Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 02:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Oh, god forbid they get dirty, or that you spread some of that LA glitter on it.

And if you go through SB on your way to Vegas, it's likely you're going the wrong way.
Maybe he likes a long route avoiding the freeways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 05:20 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,581,931 times
SB has a reputation that is quite bad. I usually do not give a city a thumbs-down unless I have stayed there for a while and it turns-out to be a real stinker. Even with so-called "bad-cities" good points usually come-up in conversations. But with SB, it is almost all negative and the Cops-episodes in SB, oh-my!!!

There has to be a really logical explanation why I have heard mostly good things about nearby Riverside and mostly horrible things about SB.......I am really curious!

Old 08-17-2017, 11:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
You might think I'm joking, but I'm wearing some $700 Fendi's right now, so I have genuine cause for concern.
Next time I'm there, I'll catch you at the Sky Suites with my $50 Pumas.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,985,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Next time I'm there, I'll catch you at the Sky Suites with my $50 Pumas.
Honestly I don't spend much time on the strip anymore. I have a place in Henderson, and for the most part if I go out at night, I have a few places off the strip that I visit now to avoid all the tourist.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:37 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
I never have a reason to go to SB & I don't want to. I would go from a very rare time to time, mainly to go to the California Theatre to see a musical.

The last times I've gone was earlier this year (2017) to take a friend to work a few times, but fortunately, after getting off at a certain fwy off ramp, the workplace was just a matter of turning down one street, so I didn't have to go way into the heart of the city.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:30 PM

37 posts, read 36,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
San Bernadino reminded me a lot of Daytona Beach, Florida. Just a bunch of people floating around who are either A) Apathetic B) Crazy C) Drugged out of their minds OR D) All of the above.
x2

Daytona Beach = Mad Max

Old 08-27-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Hopefully, this illustrates to everyone that it's not the place that is intrinsically good or bad (weather conditions excepted) but local factors, such as the local economy, but more impactfully the kinds of people that live there.

Places like San Bernadino, that used to be more prosperous and middle class and liveable, are representative of the national decline of American culture - which unsurprisingly also has coincided with the demographic diminishment of the American people themselves.

X2

No one wants to, or rather is allowed to believe that his very last sentence is spot-on accurate, chiefly because political correctness no longer permits the questioning of the status quo in an ersatz free society.

But it is true. Absolutely there is a direct correlation.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
SB has a reputation that is quite bad. I usually do not give a city a thumbs-down unless I have stayed there for a while and it turns-out to be a real stinker. Even with so-called "bad-cities" good points usually come-up in conversations. But with SB, it is almost all negative and the Cops-episodes in SB, oh-my!!!

There has to be a really logical explanation why I have heard mostly good things about nearby Riverside and mostly horrible things about SB.......I am really curious!

I too have often wondered about the current state of the city of Riverside, and secondarily, how it directly compares to San Bird-doo in the present tense?

Seems to me, people like to say Riverside is such an improvement to SB, but then onnthe other hand, I've heard Riverside is meth lab central, and lots of scummy areas and bad elements etc. What's the truth? I'm quite certain it has to be a marked improvement over Bird-doo, no?

Old 08-27-2017, 07:30 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0racle View Post
Seems to me, people like to say Riverside is such an improvement to SB, but then onnthe other hand, I've heard Riverside is meth lab central, and lots of scummy areas and bad elements etc. What's the truth?
Been to Riverside lately? Riverside Bests L.A. in Ranking of 20 ‘Coolest’ Cities in America: Forbes | KTLA

Old 08-27-2017, 10:46 PM

335 posts, read 517,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties