Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2006, 08:56 AM

8 posts, read 32,412 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

we are in the midst of relocating and trying to find the right location and right job.
My husband has been offered a job in Murrieta .I would like to know the good and bad about Murrieta.
we have school aged children 9 and 5 ,so schools are important.
we want a safe place to raise our family.we would like to be close to all the amenities a big city would offer.
any kind of information on the community ,activities ,life would be appreciated.

thank you,
reas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2006, 11:39 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
Safe, clean place overall. Mostly good schools. Mostly new housing tracts. Melding into Temecula at this point. Relatively affordable compared to most of socal. No crime problems like northern IE cities.

geographically isolated deep inland. brutally hot weather. brutally bad traffic. No amenities aside from stripmall & big-box variety. 1hr min to San Diego, 90mins to LA, 1HR to OC

Old 12-02-2006, 03:39 PM

852 posts, read 3,814,137 times
For Inland SoCal, it's not nearly as hot as Riverside or San Bernardino. There are no big-city amenities, although the wineries in Temecula are upscale. Very good schools. Not a diverse population.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,423 times
Default Murrieta

Murrieta is a good place to live overall. It has good schools, relatively good housing prices and it is one of the safest places to live in Riverside County. The downside is the terrible traffic and oppressive heat in the summer. Being from San Diego I'm used to a milder climate, however, if you are from the City of Riveside Murrieta is cooler overall.

The City is still growing and new shopping and other areas of the city are getting many road improvements. I have lived in Murrieta for about 6 years now. I have a community website in Murrieta located at

http://www.mymurrieta.com

If you read through the website you will find much information about Murrieta Schools, Parks, Events and Murrieta Demographics.

Last edited by sparker; 12-22-2006 at 08:28 PM..

Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 PM

15 posts, read 90,584 times
Murrieta is a great city..A great place to raise a family..the people are overall nice..Most of the schools are really good..Cole Canyon Elem is the top rated API 896>> The others are good too! E.Hale CUrran..New ELem Lisa J. Mails opens next year..more of a charter school..My kids are in Elementary school..Temecula has great schools mostly too..(check online greatschools.com) 2 charter and a Prep.. Both areas are nice..I like Murrieta, close to Temecula for shopping, etc, but removed a tiny bit..Safe city..All the shopping you basically need is close by! I need more room now, so buying in French Valley..(between Tem & Murrieta) Great deals there!! especially check out all the home builders there for deals.. City is actually Winchester...Schools are mostly Temecula schools, so there's a bonus..I plan for my kids to continue in Murrieta SD, despite moving..I'll submit for a waiting list at the Prep school in Temecula as a back up..This area gets hot in the summer..If you don't need to commute daily, it's great..I love it that we can drive anyplace in the area and still see open land, horses nearby, mountains...There's plans to add a Dave & Busters in Lake Elsinore and Largest water park in Temecula..Temecula has more traffic-Pechanga and more housing- and bit more of the Orange County Yuppies now, then before...but it's still nice there..when I use the word traffic for this area, it still doesn't even compare to other areas!!!!!

Last edited by KittyG; 04-03-2007 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: add sentence..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties