Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:34 PM

105 posts, read 482,352 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm a 23 year old female and I just recently moved to Moreno Valley from Baltimore, MD. I've been here for about a week and aside from job searching in the morning I have absolutely nothing to do for the rest of the day. I live in an area called Promotory Park (sp?) in a really nice quiet neighborhood but I'm not sure what part of Moreno Valley it is. Is there anywhere I can go to meet people my age? So far I've driven to LA once and I know where the Super Target, Wal-Mart, and mall are. There's only so much shopping you can do with no money coming in. LOL Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM

242 posts, read 827,295 times
Well here is the bad news there is not a whole lot to do in Mo Val. The good news is you are not too far from more exciting places. Orange county has lots of nice beaches. You can go to Hollywood and walk around and shop! There are the lake elsinor outlets. Also in Ontario there is a really big mall, with a Dave n Busters and Improve (comedy Club). But as far as Moreno Valley goes there is really nothing to do! Good Luck!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:35 PM

215 posts, read 985,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateTae View Post
Hello everyone. I'm a 23 year old female and I just recently moved to Moreno Valley from Baltimore, MD. I've been here for about a week and aside from job searching in the morning I have absolutely nothing to do for the rest of the day. I live in an area called Promotory Park (sp?) in a really nice quiet neighborhood but I'm not sure what part of Moreno Valley it is. Is there anywhere I can go to meet people my age? So far I've driven to LA once and I know where the Super Target, Wal-Mart, and mall are. There's only so much shopping you can do with no money coming in. LOL Any help is greatly appreciated.
you can go to cheers bar/night club or hooters

Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 PM

5 posts, read 16,030 times
yea... MV isn't the happenin' place, especially for someone in their 20s. Try signing up for a class through your community - ballroom dance, yoga, etc to try to meet people. Even though you are in MV, you are still in SoCal so take advantage of that. Just google places to see and go visit (beaches, parks, attractions, etc). Are you living in an apartment? If so see if they have community events and try to meet some of your neighbors. Once you get a job things will come into place and you won't be so bored. What brought you to MV anyway? Not exactly a SoCal residents first choice unless you are looking for cheap rent. Best of Luck!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,449 times
There is a community college campus in the south end of town if you are so inclined.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets08 View Post
yea... MV isn't the happenin' place, especially for someone in their 20s. Try signing up for a class through your community - ballroom dance, yoga, etc to try to meet people. Even though you are in MV, you are still in SoCal so take advantage of that. Just google places to see and go visit (beaches, parks, attractions, etc). Are you living in an apartment? If so see if they have community events and try to meet some of your neighbors. Once you get a job things will come into place and you won't be so bored. What brought you to MV anyway? Not exactly a SoCal residents first choice unless you are looking for cheap rent. Best of Luck!
Yea, I've learned that Moreno Valley is for families and not for people in their 20s. I moved here to finish school because it's free for me here. I have no idea how the rent market is here since I live with my dad. So no community events for me. He has a house in a quiet neighborhood but there's nothing but families here. No one really my age around.

Thanks for the advice but I don't know what's around so I don't know what to google. LOL Where do you go? Where would you recommend? I'm thinking LA is where I really want to be. Coming from Baltimore, I'm definitely not used to all of this quiet and everything being at least 30 minutes away.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
There is a community college campus in the south end of town if you are so inclined.
Thanks for the help da jammer but I know about the Moreno Valley campus. It's actually about a less than 10 minute drive from my home. I was there the other day to see if I could enroll in some classes but no luck. I hung out on the campus for a minute but nothing really going on.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:20 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,299,863 times
Try a Capoeira class! Quoting from their website,"A complete all inclusive art, that consumes the eyes, ears and soul of the World".

Cordão de Ouro - Riverside CA (http://www.cdoriverside.org/history.htm - broken link)

Old 03-14-2008, 09:32 AM

359 posts, read 1,312,515 times
My God why would anyone mover to Moreno Valley! Some nice areas but culturally nothing compared with Baltimore/Washington DC. I would not know what to tell you...trekk on down to Riverside maybe.....uhm, you're just going to have to make that dreadful trip down the 60 to Los Angeles to have a good time...Moreno Valley?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:54 AM

171 posts, read 879,852 times
Default Ways to find entertainment in your area.

Google your city's name or near by cities (such as Murrieta, Lake Elsinore, Temecula) and list event calendars, entertainment, etc. to get local information. You can also go to each city website they usually list city events, recreation, visitor information and guides, places of interest etc. Become a tourist in your own city, it's a great way to meet people with similar interests. Also try the near by colleges for event etc, you'll find people similar in age.
Welcome to Moreno Valley California
Lake Elsinore
City of Murrieta, California : Information Resources for Murrieta Residents and Visitors. (http://murrietaca.com/ - broken link)
Temecula, Southwest California...

Some of them also list jobs available. Also try your local newspapers online. It's a great way to get your news, events calendar etc. quickly.

You've tried L.A., have you tried San Diego County. Try SignOnSanDiego.com | The San Diego Union-Tribune | San Diego news, California and national news
They list events all over the county. They list it in several different ways, entertainment, night life, restaurants, movies, recreation, travel, music, the arts and many more.

I am sure Riverside County must have a comparable website. I am not sure what a good one would be, though I found this one without much effort.
Events & Activities

Good luck to you!!
Kali
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties