Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:48 PM

8 posts, read 25,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsRUs View Post
Ohh geez. Perris and Moreno Valley are both bad places to live for all of the reasons mentioned above. There are so many beautiful places to live out your life, why choose these two?

Believe me, I'd much rather live anywhere else. But as first time buyers, we just simply can't afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 05:21 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,193,073 times
is it really that important to buy a house for yourself right now? prices are coming down, just wait another year or two.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:54 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,380 times
The only 'bad' thing about Perris is that Perris is evolving into a manufacturing center with housing tracts. Crime is not sky high as in San Bernardino, more comparable to Riverside and Moreno Valley (about the Ca average). Schools do suck, but then again there is consistently people that go to top tier universities. Thus, look into the programs that you place your kids, I go to UCSB, while some of my friends go to USC, UCLA, Stanford etc. (all products from the EVEN WORSE San Bernardino Unified).

It's a little racist to state that just because Stater Brothers has changed to Cardenas this makes Perris worse. Yes there are more hispanics, but is this initself a bad thing? If you believe so, might i suggest leaving the state.

So no, Perris, like every other town, is what you make of it. If you like the rural aspects and sense of development then Perris is a good match. If you like the older established calm N.W. Moreno Valley (Hidden Springs, Sunnymead Ranch, Shadow Mountain, Four Seasons, Box Springs, Coleman Estates) is where you should look into.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:05 AM

242 posts, read 827,248 times
Dont move to Perris or Moreno Valley, If you are looking for a good area in the Inland Empire try Temecula. Dont move to Perris TRUST ME! I lived there for 10 years went to 3 schools there. You couldnt pay me to move back! Its in the middle of no where, nothing to do, no opportunity, high crime...so on. Even the newer parts are bad! I wouldnt do it! Trust someone who has lived there!

Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 AM

8 posts, read 25,482 times
Update:

We decided NOT go go through with the Perris location, but instead put an offer in on a home in a 'better' area of Moreno Valley.

Thank you all for your advice, it was very much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties