Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 07:50 PM

40 posts, read 76,920 times

Advertisements

Hi City data family!

I need some advice on areas of Riverside to live that is suitable for working, low to middle class families. My employment background is in healthcare, and I'm an artsy kind of person that loves people of different cultures, and having access to cultural things. (I was born and raised in NYC)

I've lived in California for 3 years before (Long Beach) and absolutely love it there but the cost of living was extremely high which is why I moved to southern Colorado (Pueblo). Now, I want to return but I'm thinking of Riverside instead because I'm tired of the cold weather and other issues that come with this part of the country.

I see that some people on this forum are saying the economy is not too good there....Which has me a little worried.....

Maybe I'm asking for too much but Id like to live somewhere that has the 'look' of a suburb but still have quick access to grocery stores like Walmart, Health food stores, and a hospital. But not too 'country' looking". something like a mixture of city and suburban if that makes sense.

If I choose Riverside, Ca, then which areas of Riverside would fit this description?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 08:14 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_lioness View Post
If I choose Riverside, Ca, then which areas of Riverside would fit this description?
All of it. Maybe not downtown (92501) or much of 92507 (east side). All of the rest of it fits pretty well, but avoid Rubidoux 92509 (because it is more country fried). 92503, 92504, 92505, 92506, 92508 will all have what you want.

I was in Pueblo on Sunday. I think you would find Riverside to be an improvement on most every level.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:21 AM

242 posts, read 317,806 times
Grand Terrace, located in San Bernardino County, but at the border with Riverside County.

Its north of Riverside (Highgrove) & south of Colton & Loma Linda. East of the 215 Fwy, with Barton Rd & Mt Vernon Ave being the main throughfares. Walmart Supercenter is a few miles down the hill along Mt Vernon in Colton. Loma Linda University Medical Center & Loma Linda VA Hospital is also nearby.

Grand Terrace is mostly middle & upper income, but definetly cheaper than in Los Angeles County.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:14 AM

^great suggestion.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:32 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
^great suggestion.
I agree. Have friends who have lived there over 20 years.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:13 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,618,718 times
Grand Terrace is cool. (It's actually on the business side of the San Bernardino County line, but that shouldn't matter.)

Old 05-11-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
All of it. Maybe not downtown (92501) or much of 92507 (east side). All of the rest of it fits pretty well, but avoid Rubidoux 92509 (because it is more country fried). 92503, 92504, 92505, 92506, 92508 will all have what you want.

I was in Pueblo on Sunday. I think you would find Riverside to be an improvement on most every level.
Thankyou so much for the advice David. I tried to move to Pueblo to make it a permanent home, but it didn't work out so great even though I live in a very good area (border of Pueblo west). In any case, I'm ready to move on and will look in Riverside, Ca and will avoid Rubidoux.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsoto1988 View Post
Grand Terrace, located in San Bernardino County, but at the border with Riverside County.

Its north of Riverside (Highgrove) & south of Colton & Loma Linda. East of the 215 Fwy, with Barton Rd & Mt Vernon Ave being the main throughfares. Walmart Supercenter is a few miles down the hill along Mt Vernon in Colton. Loma Linda University Medical Center & Loma Linda VA Hospital is also nearby.

Grand Terrace is mostly middle & upper income, but definetly cheaper than in Los Angeles County.
Thankyou very much for the suggestion, I wish I could consider that area but the problem is I plan to enroll in an education program and it requires that I be a resident of Riverside county.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_lioness View Post
Thankyou very much for the suggestion, I wish I could consider that area but the problem is I plan to enroll in an education program and it requires that I be a resident of Riverside county.
On that note, if you're thinking if living just south of Grand Terrace in Highgrove (unincorporated Riverside County), don't, because it isn't nearly as nice.

And I was in Pueblo yesterday too!!!!

Old 05-12-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
On that note, if you're thinking if living just south of Grand Terrace in Highgrove (unincorporated Riverside County), don't, because it isn't nearly as nice.

And I was in Pueblo yesterday too!!!!
Ok thanks.
😂😂😂 Wow. I shouldn't laugh because it's not too bad....... It's just desolate. and Colorado Springs is not much better IMO. The people are kind, that is one thing I can say though. Overall I've been treated very good.

I was looking at the rents in Riverside, Ca. Whew!.... $1400 for a 2 bedroom?? I might have to look at a neighboring city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties