U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 11:09 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,019,583 times

Advertisements

It's all desert out here. No In-N-Out in the hi-dez.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 11:18 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,855,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
It's all desert out here. No In-N-Out in the hi-dez.
Really? You sure about that?

Old 05-26-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
Really? You sure about that?
Clarification: what we in the east end of Riverside County refer to as the "high desert," i.e. Morongo Valley, Yucca Valley, Joshua Tree, 29 Palms, Landers.

If we get up thatta-way, then, yes, you'll find In-N-Out. In Barstow, Hesperia, and Victorville. All places I avoid.

Restaurant Locations - In-N-Out Burger

Old 05-26-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Clarification: what we in the east end of Riverside County refer to as the "high desert," i.e. Morongo Valley, Yucca Valley, Joshua Tree, 29 Palms, Landers.

If we get up thatta-way, then, yes, you'll find In-N-Out. In Barstow, Hesperia, and Victorville. All places I avoid.

Restaurant Locations - In-N-Out Burger
Oh... I get ya, now.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:12 PM

So... Why exactly would you avoid Hesperia? I thought you like the desert, no?

Old 05-26-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
So... Why exactly would you avoid Hesperia? I thought you like the desert, no?
I don't really avoid it. I drive through it.

If you like the desert heat, how come you're not working outside right now? It's nice out.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:20 PM

13,807 posts, read 28,419,853 times
Quote:
D.A., you sound like you've lived in or passed through every part of the IE. And now you're in Denver. Are you a drifter like John Rambo?
I WISH!

Here's the places I am certain I HAVEN'T been to, I have been to every other city/town of note in both counties:
Desert Hot Springs
Twentynine Palms
Yucca Valley
Joshua Tree
Landers
Wrightwood

I grew up in Home Gardens. Went to the local elementary school, and then to another elementary school and then intermediate school (4th til 8th grade) in Norco. We moved to Riverside in 8th grade, and I finished high school there, and went to RCC-Downtown (also went to RCC-Norco). I worked in Corona, and effectively consider it my co-hometown with Riverside (most everything a Home Gardenser does is in Corona, what's not there is in Riverside).

My mother got cancer during my first semester at RCC, so I spent a lot of time at Loma Linda. Got to know Colton, Grand Terrace (where I wanted to live at one point), and San Bernardino pretty well.

I wanted to try San Bernardino County, so I moved to Rancho Cucamonga. I attended Chaffey College for the better part of a week. I worked in Chino Hills. Got to know Ontario, Chino, Upland, et al, pretty well during that time.

By this time, my mother was in remission, and had moved to Ridgecrest. I was in a position where my lease in Cucamonga was ending and unable to be renewed, and my 20 year old self wasn't ready to trust any of my homies to pay half the rent. I was homeless for a few weeks, I stayed at a buddy's rental at UCR for a week until he threw me out, I slept at a co-worker MILF's house in Fontana for a bit, and splurged for a motel on Foothill Blvd if I had a good night of tips. I ultimately gave up and moved to Ridgecrest, but would go back to the IE as often as I could.

My Trona experiences come from my time in Ridgecrest. The frequent trips back to the IE got me to know the Victor Valley decently well (loved that Pilot right I-15/US-395, and stopping at Four Corners (AKA Kramer Jct). My mother's cancer came back, and she ultimately got placed in a home in Redlands, where she died. I took off from CA for good not much later, and celebrate my 10 year anniversary in Denver in 6 days.

However, I will be back in the IE at the end of June and can. not. wait.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:06 AM

5,156 posts, read 4,050,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
My Trona experiences come from my time in Ridgecrest. The frequent trips back to the IE got me to know the Victor Valley decently well (loved that Pilot right I-15/US-395, and stopping at Four Corners (AKA Kramer Jct). My mother's cancer came back, and she ultimately got placed in a home in Redlands, where she died. I took off from CA for good not much later, and celebrate my 10 year anniversary in Denver in 6 days.

However, I will be back in the IE at the end of June and can. not. wait.

I'm also familiar with Loma Linda, my father was there a lot.

I remember the Pilot, & Kramer Junction, before it was called that.

But the big question is...are you going to Barstow? If so, please get me some green chile burritos from Del Taco...the only worthwhile thing to come from there! I will pay for shipping!

Old 05-27-2017, 03:33 PM

13,807 posts, read 28,419,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I'm also familiar with Loma Linda, my father was there a lot.

I remember the Pilot, & Kramer Junction, before it was called that.

But the big question is...are you going to Barstow? If so, please get me some green chile burritos from Del Taco...the only worthwhile thing to come from there! I will pay for shipping!
LOL, no, not going to Barstow, but we have Del Tacos in Denver, and we try to go there at least a few times a month.

I'm going to be bringing home some Miguel's Jr. burritos on the plane. Somehow.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:28 PM

^Smuggle them in your stomach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties