Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:50 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,539,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Good grief, consult a map & U.S. Weather Service! Joshua Tree is def HD! It gets cold as hell in winter, CV never does, due to low/no elevation! Not all deserts are the same! Did you grow up in CA? Did you ever take a geography class? Do you know what geography is? Geezus!
Wow you went into a rage pretty quickly there on KTTAM! Did you read that poster's explanation that it is more connected to the Coachella Valley? I'm pretty sure that's what he/she meant. You can be instructive without being destructive.

As to my opinion (I've never lived in the VV area, but a friend has family out there and I've visited frequently and explored the area): In VV stay west of the mall area. There are lots of newer and developing areas out there. Spring Valley Lake area is on the other side of VV and it's nice too. It's also near the college so that's always a bonus. AND just down the street in Apple Valley is a Winco! Bonus points for that. I love those stores.

Speaking of Apple Valley, it has a lot of nice communities with associations that plan to keep them nice. There's also a nice Stater Brothers near the Winco on Bear Valley and you'll quickly learn to love it.

The Silver Lakes area looks nice and secluded. I wonder if those lakes cool it down or just add humidity?

I don't really understand Hesperia. It has some newer developments on the westside, but it looks like they just built a bunch of roads and gave everyone an acre of land. Some built on their acre and others filled theirs with garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 12:54 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,512,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Wow you went into a rage pretty quickly there on KTTAM! Did you read that poster's explanation that it is more connected to the Coachella Valley? I'm pretty sure that's what he/she meant. You can be instructive without being destructive.
Thanks! Usually when people are asking about the "High Desert", they're inquiring about the Victor Valley!

That's how I interpreted it, anyways...

Old 07-10-2017, 04:58 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,486,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Yes, I did. By the way, there's no such entity as the "U.S. Weather Service", since you want to get snippy...

It's called the National Weather Service!

Wow, I stand corrected!

Old 07-10-2017, 11:56 AM

561 posts, read 316,440 times
Another reason to flee California. People from other areas are right. For the most part people in SoCal are a bunch nasty, prima donna, buttholes. Too damned arrogant to realize how awful they are. Ain't got a pot to **** in, but pay 3000 a month for rent for some infested latrine.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:37 PM

27 posts, read 37,617 times
Hey! I like my $3000/month rented socal latrine just fine!

Old 07-11-2017, 12:13 AM

104 posts, read 211,122 times
Hi MattAPaul, I grew up and still live in the Los Angeles area and had a second home in the high desert as well. I just sold mine in Hesperia last August, and am now actually looking to buy again in the area. If you're looking in the high desert I would recommend Apple Valley to be your top choice. The area around Bear Valley and Apple Valley has convenient retail and some nice homes as well. The school district is also better for the kids. The home prices are a bit higher though. My next recommendation would be Hesperia. If you like tract homes they have those and custom ones as well that will be in your price range. Retail and freeways are convenient as well if you have to travel to work (Apple Valley can be a 15/20 min drive to the freeway depending on traffic). I don't know if it is a big deal for you or not, but Hesperia is usually cooler than most other neighborhoods too because it is more south. Apple Valley tends to be the hottest because of the valley. Hope this helps, if you have any Q's feel free to send me a message.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:14 PM

205 posts, read 405,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyManCrazy View Post
Another reason to flee California. People from other areas are right. For the most part people in SoCal are a bunch nasty, prima donna, buttholes. Too damned arrogant to realize how awful they are. Ain't got a pot to **** in, but pay 3000 a month for rent for some infested latrine.
The majority of people aren't like what you describe. That's one dumb ignorant comment.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:08 PM

561 posts, read 316,440 times
Oh no? Ask anyone from another state. Ask how BHC,Az. feels about Californians after the River Regatta.
Park your car with California licence plates in Oregon or Idaho and see what happens....LOL!

Their must be something wrong with the 'Majority" in California......look at what this state has come to.

Old 07-15-2017, 11:49 PM

70 posts, read 86,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyManCrazy View Post
Oh no? Ask anyone from another state. Ask how BHC,Az. feels about Californians after the River Regatta.
Park your car with California licence plates in Oregon or Idaho and see what happens....LOL!

Their must be something wrong with the 'Majority" in California......look at what this state has come to.
If people have preconceived notions of someone based on the license plate on their car, they have some serious issues.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:20 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,486,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman1974 View Post
If people have preconceived notions of someone based on the license plate on their car, they have some serious issues.
And yet, it happens...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties