Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 12:52 AM

93 posts, read 254,791 times

Advertisements

I'm currently living in south OC and checking out some new homes in IE. What's your opinion on the new Lennar Citrus Heights community near La Sierra and McAllister (91 La Sierra exit) in Riverside? It looks like you get a lot more bang for the $ but I read a lot about the people, negative stereotypes, etc. Any ex-OCer can chime in? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 10:45 PM

14 posts, read 19,683 times
Before moving to the IE I lived in South County (Laguna Niguel) as well as in West LA, so I was fully indoctrinated into thinking that Riverside and the IE were completely uninhabitable before I made the move. I ended up settling into one of the historic districts in Riverside, and although some days leave me tempted to head back to the coast, I realistically couldn't be happier with living in Riverside and the very affordable cost of living. There's no getting around the fact that you will find more antisocial behavior in the IE overall, but the nicer areas of Riverside (greenbelt areas, historic districts, Victoria area, Woodcrest) are pretty well isolated from the negative stereotypes and horror stories you may have heard. I just toured a couple of homes near the new Citrus Heights development a couple of weekends ago and was impressed by the quality of the newer developments relative to many of the nondescript tracts in neighboring cities. If you have school-aged children, just make sure to buy into RUSD. Neighboring school districts (i.e., Alvord) can be a nightmare in comparison.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:57 AM

427 posts, read 367,885 times
Riverside has a lot of desirable areas. It's been it's own city for well over 100 years, well before it was connected by growth to everything else. They have put a great amount of effort into restoring the downtown area, growing it, etc. Most of the city is quite liveable, with many areas to choose from based on personal taste.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:36 AM

93 posts, read 254,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElOsito View Post
There's no getting around the fact that you will find more antisocial behavior in the IE overall, but the nicer areas of Riverside (greenbelt areas, historic districts, Victoria area, Woodcrest) are pretty well isolated from the negative stereotypes and horror stories you may have heard. I just toured a couple of homes near the new Citrus Heights development a couple of weekends ago and was impressed by the quality of the newer developments relative to many of the nondescript tracts in neighboring cities. If you have school-aged children, just make sure to buy into RUSD. Neighboring school districts (i.e., Alvord) can be a nightmare in comparison.
Can you elaborate on the antisocial behavior of IEers vs people in OC?

Which Riverside area does the Citrus Heights development belong to? Is it a safe neighborhood overall? Which nearby streets/areas are unsafe?

Do you find the hotter months in IE unbearable compared to OC?

Thanks.

Last edited by kookooroo; 02-22-2018 at 01:58 AM..

Old 02-25-2018, 10:22 AM

661 posts, read 833,210 times
Many areas of Temecula feel like South OC, Harveston, Morgan Hill etc etc. Its an easy transition as we get many South OC transplants and felt Temecula felt to them to be most like South OC and not such a shock.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:35 PM

925 posts, read 1,065,231 times
Lived in both the IE and north OC and find the areas are not that different. It does get hotter in the IE but cools off at night. The people are different in the IE from those in South OC but not that different from the other areas.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:37 AM

68 posts, read 120,952 times
I prefer older areas and in Riverside I'd say the houses/area around Fairmount park is as pretty as it gets.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:53 PM

334 posts, read 285,809 times
Canyon Crest, Orangecrest are pretty nice and safe areas in the city of Riverside. Somewhat similar to Fullerton hills areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties