Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 03:56 PM

104 posts, read 214,172 times

Advertisements

That’s awesome I loved that one! And the pool view is nice too. Mine is a 3 bedroom townhouse for $375. I’m sure enjoying all those model upgrades in your home! Good to know others from the LA area are still making moves to the IE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 05:59 PM

45 posts, read 41,444 times
Wow I hope everything works out for you! Congrats!

Old 03-20-2018, 07:39 PM

Yaaas thank you. You too!! How much did you guys get yours? Did you have to get the furniture too?

Old 03-20-2018, 07:50 PM

They wanted $400k but we got it down to $375k every piece of furniture included!

Old 03-20-2018, 09:57 PM

Omg that’s amazing. I could have a got a model home for the same price! I still have to add upgrades to mine. Congrats enjoy your new home you’re going to love it! I can’t wait to move into mine. Welcome to the IE buddy!

Old 03-20-2018, 11:36 PM

Yes thank you! Take care & enjoy!

Old 02-01-2019, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 561 times
I owned a home in Canyon Hills Amberleaf from June 2015 to February 2018. Sadly as part of our divorce we sold the home. It was unrealistic to be a single parent and live 65 miles from work with two young children. Despite some of my perceived shortcomings, I would have stayed there if I could.

It was amazing having a brand new home with so much room and space and a yard and a garage wow. Every night I felt like I was coming home to a lovely "resort home" The neighborhood was very peaceful and quiet.

I work in Newport beach so I would leave at 4:55 to 5:10am and get to Newport way too early and do a big workout before work, then nap in my car from 12:00 to 1:00 then in the evening drive the 74 freeway home - so pretty. I already owned a tiny 4cylinder 1.6l beater car so I didn't have to change cars.

I stayed one night a week at my brother in laws apartment to help mitigate, and eventually was able to vanpool 1x per week and work from home 1x per week. Remember if your flying out the door before 5 am and getting home at 7 you don't get much opportunity to mingle with the neighbors. It was very doable, but yes it was exhausting. Your weekends may be dedicated to recovering and resting from the week.

As a triathlete - with 3 community pools, endless open roads for cycling and lovely places to run - I was in heaven.

You are not far from incredible farms and berry picking places, you are not far from incredible lakes. Any store you would NEED to visit is within 5 miles.

The Herk Bouris school was wonderful. We made many friends and met plenty of nice families. But yes for every dad and mom who shows up to the first day of school dressed decently, there are two dads and moms dressed like Fred Durst and Cardi B. They had a special event after school one day to demonstrate all the new google classroom technologies. Myself and one other dad were the ONLY ONES who came. They had put out 14 chromebook laptops I was so sad to see the lack of interest from the parents.

You'll have some wonderful neighbors, but you will have some that are certainly fond of their attack dog collection and see no wrong with their untrained "sweetie pitty witty bulls" keep getting out of the yard and scaring the neighbors who are out walking. You'll have some neighbors who don't get the concept of, 100s of little kids live here and ride bikes/scooters, maybe don't drive 55mph - sigh.

I loved the home, loved the neighborhood, loved the amenities. The neighbors,,, I don't miss them. I don't like elitist snobs either, just something in the middle please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties