Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 02:07 PM

16 posts, read 29,914 times

Advertisements

How is the homeless presence in Menifee? I keep reading that the Southwest portion of Riverside County has a significant homelessness issue but Menifee not so much due to less retail. Idea is that as the retail grows it will attract more panhandling and the like. I am in So Cal so understand that pretty much every retail center now has the regulars and others that panhandle and harass and basically it's become the normal that no one can really escape. Some places worse than others. Encampments come and go, etc. Just looking for some insider perspective. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 04:05 PM

136 posts, read 138,214 times
I have rarely seen homeless in Menifee, or Yucipa as well. I would say, so much so, that I had not thought about there being homeless in either city until you asked.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:53 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,073,815 times
There’s not many homeless in Menifee/ Sun City. The city is very clean and frankly doesn’t have that many places to hang out. I’ve seen a few here and there but not daily like you do in other areas . I also think the police here make the rounds more and the older folk call the police more if they see anyone and they’re run off quickly.

Most of the homeless and the druggies and the panhandlers hang out in Hemet. They are there in droves and camp out in the riverbed and behind peoples homes and they are constantly hanging out at businesses bugging people for money. Hemet has taken steps by adding more police and there’s also some private groups working to clear the area of panhandlers and professional beggars.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:34 AM

1,377 posts, read 2,101,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
There’s not many homeless in Menifee/ Sun City. The city is very clean and frankly doesn’t have that many places to hang out. I’ve seen a few here and there but not daily like you do in other areas . I also think the police here make the rounds more and the older folk call the police more if they see anyone and they’re run off quickly.

Most of the homeless and the druggies and the panhandlers hang out in Hemet. They are there in droves and camp out in the riverbed and behind peoples homes and they are constantly hanging out at businesses bugging people for money. Hemet has taken steps by adding more police and there’s also some private groups working to clear the area of panhandlers and professional beggars.
And then some more in Perris, Lake Elsinore, and San Jacinto.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:31 AM

16 posts, read 29,914 times
Yeah, took a spin around town again tonight and it's difficult to find them hanging out everywhere like VV.

Hemet I am well aware of, that is basically Victorville South. Perris is not much better. Selective parts of Elsinore seem ok. Concern I have with Menifee is that it seems to be surrounded by a lot of not so nice areas, so how long until it turns into that.

Then again the same can be said for Rancho, Chino Hillls etc. Those areas have their not so nice parts and are also surrounded by cities that are not the best. Menifee strikes us as an area that feels very much like Rancho. Lots of new retail, nice homes. Really an impressive area. The biggest issue is jobs and commute. The 215 drive took about an hour and 10 minutes from Menifee to Victorville at 8PM Saturday Night. Not bad, but that sure isn't Monday AM. Going down earlier at about 2PM was not so good, several bottlenecks that we had to putt through but pretty good sailing after we got far enough South.

Good parks, far fewer riff raff than VV. Yes, VV has really gone downhill since the crash, never came back to what it was, and it never really was a Rancho, but also never was as bad as it has gotten with the crime, homelessness, and drug issues. These are supposed to be pretty good times and the area has not caught up fully, and wondering if it ever will.

Old 09-02-2018, 03:00 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,508,296 times
Have you looked into the Antelope Valley areas of West Palmdale (Rancho Vista), Leona Valley or Acton? All of those areas are easily commutable to Victorville.

West Palmdale / Rancho Vista (93551) is a pretty nice area. Lots of cops, teachers, engineers, aerospace workers, firemen, nurses, doctors and retired military people live over there. Stores are good. Never seen a homeless person in that part of town. Just avoid East Palmdale. It's so far from the area I'm talking about, though, that you never really even think it's there.

Leona Valley and Acton are both on the outskirts of Palmdale. Lots of cops and ranchers in both. I love Leona Valley and all of the orchards around there.

My brother lives in West Palmdale and loves his neighborhood and the school where my nieces attend (Rancho Vista Elementary). My brother has several neighbors that are prison guards in Adelanto, and who make that drive every day. That's what made me think of you.

It's worth looking into. You won't have that nightmarish "uphill" commute that you'd have from Menifee.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:58 PM

239 posts, read 656,988 times
Menifee doesn’t have much homeless. Hemet and Lake Elsinore are worse. Menifee has some good stuff going for it. There will be a new Costco right at the border of Murrieta at Clinton Keith Rd. And 215 Technically Murrieta, but closer to most of Menifee.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:14 AM

14 posts, read 16,836 times
Hi all,

I know this is over a year-old thread, but with homelessness and crime rising all over California, I was wondering how Menifee/Sun City is today regarding the homeless situation? I see Riverside has gotten worse. Any thoughts on Menifee's direction?

Old 12-19-2019, 09:46 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,907,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double9 View Post
Hi all,

I know this is over a year-old thread, but with homelessness and crime rising all over California, I was wondering how Menifee/Sun City is today regarding the homeless situation? I see Riverside has gotten worse. Any thoughts on Menifee's direction?
I would say very rare or hard to find. Only place in Menifee where you can find a homeless is at their former downtown area with oldest homes around.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:39 AM

591 posts, read 661,140 times
Lived in Menifee for 20 years. I hardly see the homeless here. Once in a great while. Sun City has a few. We are pretty good. when I see some, I usually give a Blessing Bag too them. A few items, and maybe a $ or two. My hubby and I may treat to breakfast, and bring them a take out breakfast. LADYBEE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties