Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 02:27 PM

12,807 posts, read 9,532,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
The average high in July/August is 97. It does go over 100 sometimes. It is not humid and it cools off in the evening. To me, the summer here is a lot more comfortable than SC because of the low humidity.
Yeah, doing my research, the Inland Empire looks like what California used to be, but I guess the drawback is the weather is more like Texas? COL looks great compared to the OC, which is where I was looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 03:10 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,774,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Yeah, doing my research, the Inland Empire looks like what California used to be, but I guess the drawback is the weather is more like Texas? COL looks great compared to the OC, which is where I was looking.
Having spent a lot of time in Texas, I will guarantee you that the weather is not like Texas. There is no other state with weather like California.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:21 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,258,650 times
Quote:
The average high in July/August is 97. It does go over 100 sometimes. It is not humid and it cools off in the evening. To me, the summer here is a lot more comfortable than SC because of the low humidity.
97 seems surprisingly hot. The data I'm finding online shows summer averages at 91, which seems more realistic to me. Should be no hotter than Riverside IMO, and with lower humidity. I mean, it's a huge wine growing region, so that usually makes for generally pleasant weather with mild but noticeable seasonal differences.

I'd say Temecula has a very agreeable climate overall and is a nice city -- just a bit far from major metro areas.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
97 seems surprisingly hot. The data I'm finding online shows summer averages at 91, which seems more realistic to me. Should be no hotter than Riverside IMO, and with lower humidity. I mean, it's a huge wine growing region, so that usually makes for generally pleasant weather with mild but noticeable seasonal differences.

I'd say Temecula has a very agreeable climate overall and is a nice city -- just a bit far from major metro areas.
It depends where in the Temecula Valley you are. Southern Temecula is a little cooler because of the afternoon breeze ( wind ). I hate wind so we chose to live in Murrieta. Temecula and Murrieta are all practical reasons one city. In any event I love the climate here as I like warm weather. The climate is not what you would call very seasonal.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:25 AM

12,807 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post

I don't have to commute, so a place like Temecula can work for me. 91 and 97, that's a difference for sure. 91 would be preferred.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:54 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,258,650 times
Quote:
It depends where in the Temecula Valley you are. Southern Temecula is a little cooler because of the afternoon breeze ( wind ). I hate wind so we chose to live in Murrieta. Temecula and Murrieta are all practical reasons one city. In any event I love the climate here as I like warm weather. The climate is not what you would call very seasonal.
Yeah, I've definitely noticed as you drive north out of Temecula, it gets hotter as the mountains block the cooling breezes, and it starts to feel more like desert than wine country.

By "seasonal," I simply meant it's noticeably cooler in winter than summer (60s vs 90s), and nights get chilly in winter. But compared to much of the country, it's heaven.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:20 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
If you live and work in the Temecula area, then yes it is a very nice place too live and it is growing. But when you have to commute to Los Angeles or San Diego, life is hell.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
If you live and work in the Temecula area, then yes it is a very nice place too live and it is growing. But when you have to commute to Los Angeles or San Diego, life is hell.
I agree 100%. I am retired so the traffic is not a problem for us. There is no way I would live here if I had to commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties