Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 07:09 AM

26,764 posts, read 26,875,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
They got back to me and I finally accepted the offer. But I wouldn't be moving until early next year. Out of all the research that I did so far, I felt Rancho Cucamonga is going to be first choice to live. I am a single female...
If you're from Kansas, you might be happier in Redlands. Rancho is, well....lots of conspicuous consumption, cookie cutter homes, suburbs full of families, culture fairly far down the list. In Redlands, you might find people more like yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
I am thinking to fly down there a month before my joining date to look at the apartments and decide on one.
Good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 12:06 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,553,708 times
Chapman Heights in Yucaipa is gorgeous!

Check it out!

You'll thank me later.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:34 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,182,549 times
My recommendation, having transplanted to the IE from a small town in SC (but having lived in a lot of different places) is to live as close to work as feasible, and use that spare time to explore other parts of the area, especially on Weekends.

I actually like Redlands, and if my job was closer, I could totally see living in that area. Downtown Redlands is really cool.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:05 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,053,952 times
OP, just curious why you'd be interested in Anaheim? I looked for an apt. there about 15 yrs ago, and the town didn't impress me at all. I'm sure Anaheim Hills is lovely though.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:37 AM

40 posts, read 95,916 times
Having lived all over the IE I would easily say choose Redlands. Redlands probably has a better downtown scene than all the locations you mentioned. Claremont's can be decent, but the commute will be terrible, and cost of living will probably be a little higher because it's closer to LA (not to say Redlands is cheap, because it isn't compared to Kansas).

Live as close to work as possible. Your commute will be shorter and your life will be less miserable. The wear and tear on both your car and soul from sitting in traffic an hour each way every day will drain you. Your commute could take anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour, and there's no predicting what IE traffic will be like during peak traffic times.

I would say Redlands > Claremont > Riverside > Rancho > Fontana, in that order. The first 3 listed all have fairly vibrant downtown scenes. Like others have stated Rancho is more suburban, and more of a soccer mom city. North Fontana feeds off of Rancho. Do not even consider the rest of Fontana. It's called Fontucky for a reason. Feel free to message me about specific areas of each city if you're interested.

Old 01-06-2019, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,822 times
Loving in the south side of Redlands or Loma Linda is a good idea.
Great areas to live.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:30 AM

612 posts, read 1,515,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
OP, just curious why you'd be interested in Anaheim? I looked for an apt. there about 15 yrs ago, and the town didn't impress me at all. I'm sure Anaheim Hills is lovely though.
Anaheim seemed like more urban to me compared to Redlands, so was thinking to stay there... but I would definitely hate the traffic. Presently my travel time to work is 15mins each way and I guess from Anaheim it will atleast be 1.15mins.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Based on the posts I guess I haven't explored much of Redlands than. While researching, I read Southern Redlands is definitely better, but I couldn't find any apartments there. I could see expensive houses and I cannot buy those now.

I haven't even seen Downtown Redlands yet. I was mostly roaming around the ESRI campus and stayed at Ayres hotel closer to the campus, so all the looked rural to me.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losertalents View Post
Having lived all over the IE I would easily say choose Redlands. Redlands probably has a better downtown scene than all the locations you mentioned. Claremont's can be decent, but the commute will be terrible, and cost of living will probably be a little higher because it's closer to LA (not to say Redlands is cheap, because it isn't compared to Kansas).

Live as close to work as possible. Your commute will be shorter and your life will be less miserable. The wear and tear on both your car and soul from sitting in traffic an hour each way every day will drain you. Your commute could take anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour, and there's no predicting what IE traffic will be like during peak traffic times.

I would say Redlands > Claremont > Riverside > Rancho > Fontana, in that order. The first 3 listed all have fairly vibrant downtown scenes. Like others have stated Rancho is more suburban, and more of a soccer mom city. North Fontana feeds off of Rancho. Do not even consider the rest of Fontana. It's called Fontucky for a reason. Feel free to message me about specific areas of each city if you're interested.
I thought Rancho was much closer to Redlands compared to Riverside? Probably Riverside might be more urban than Rancho, but was going based on the driving distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties