Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 09:36 AM

281 posts, read 312,971 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm about five years from retirement from a government agency, in which I will have over 30 years of service. Yes, I'm one of the hated Calpers retirement members. LOL. Needless to say I'll have a pretty decent retirement income, but being that we retire at age 50, that's still quite a bit of life left, with no end of inflation, housing cost increases, food increases, Etc. in sight. So, I need to start thinking about a possible after retirement gig, to supplement my retirement income.

I've always wanted to do real estate, but since I already had a career, and because there's always so many cons concerning that industry, it kind of kept me skeptical. However, in retirement mode I wouldn't necessarily be reliant upon real estate to feed myself, plus it's a somewhat portable job I could do anywhere in California. So now I'm ready to take the plunge, and I would like to know if any of you know of any reputable real estate schools in the Inland Empire area? When I say Inland Empire area, I'm talkin Riverside, Corona, Chino, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga. (not Palm Desert, Victorville, etc.) I'm not talkin about a full-on real estate degree, just enough to get started as a certified and licensed real estate agent. Obviously I'm trying to avoid any scam operations, or operations that have a low graduate rate. It would also be nice to avoid schools that are charging well above the standard rate. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 02:18 PM

13,826 posts, read 30,103,494 times
I did mine at RCC-Norco.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:19 AM

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
I did mine at RCC-Norco.
Hey, thanks for the info. How long did it take to get your certification. I looked on their website and I noticed there are several real estate courses available, but I'm guessing that all of them are necessary. Which ones are actually needed to qualify to take the state exam? Have you found some success in the industry?

Last edited by Troy Troy; 12-20-2018 at 07:29 AM..

Old 12-20-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
I

Hey, thanks for the info. How long did it take to get your certification. I looked on their website and I noticed there are several real estate courses available, but I'm guessing that all of them are necessary. Which ones are actually needed to qualify to take the state exam? Have you found some success in the industry?
I never went through with getting my license, even though I got the certification.

This was back in the mid 2000's, but at the time all you needed was Real Estate Principles, and Real Estate Practice. Two classes that I took back to back on Saturdays. Took one semester (roughly September through December).

Piece of cake, but I know that CA has continuing education requirements even after you get your license.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I never went through with getting my license, even though I got the certification.

This was back in the mid 2000's, but at the time all you needed was Real Estate Principles, and Real Estate Practice. Two classes that I took back to back on Saturdays. Took one semester (roughly September through December).

Piece of cake, but I know that CA has continuing education requirements even after you get your license.
Thank you!! I will be heading down to Norco College as soon as it opens today. I don't mind doing the continuing education the, I kind of figured that. What prevented you from going ahead and getting your license? Do you feel the education you received was good enough to help you pass the licensing exam?

Old 12-21-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
Thank you!! I will be heading down to Norco College as soon as it opens today. I don't mind doing the continuing education the, I kind of figured that. What prevented you from going ahead and getting your license? Do you feel the education you received was good enough to help you pass the licensing exam?
Yes!

For me, it was a few things personally. I had moved to another part of the state not long after receiving my certifications, and I would have had to go to yet another part of the state to take the exam (at the time, I believe there were 5 locations where you could take the exam). I also wasn't sure that I wanted to stay in CA. I was also very young.

So it was nothing about real estate or the career itself, just me trying to figure out what to do for myself.

Old 12-21-2018, 10:02 PM

663 posts, read 846,443 times
Same here RCC-Norco, the Community colleges are the best vs the non accredited schools.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Same here RCC-Norco, the Community colleges are the best vs the non accredited schools.
You got your real estate training from Norco as well?

Old 12-24-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Yes!

For me, it was a few things personally. I had moved to another part of the state not long after receiving my certifications, and I would have had to go to yet another part of the state to take the exam (at the time, I believe there were 5 locations where you could take the exam). I also wasn't sure that I wanted to stay in CA. I was also very young.

So it was nothing about real estate or the career itself, just me trying to figure out what to do for myself.
Thank you for all your help and information! I really appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties