Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2019, 10:53 PM

1 posts, read 376 times

Advertisements

I will attempt to make this short and still comprehensive. We have rented a mobile home in a park since 2012 always paying on time and respecting neighbors and rules. We are an older couple in our sixties.
The bottom line is that a “Stipulation for Entry of Judgment For Possession Only; Judgment Thereon” was agreed to through a Mediator from Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board, the Attorneys for the Management Company and Us. On page 1: “…all parties agree…no admission of fault, misconduct, wrongdoing or liability by entering into this agreement.” Their concern was that we have enough evidence to file claims against the park, management co. and individuals for damages to the mental and physical health of my husband.
All communications, & documents, between the Park’s Attorneys and us went through the Mediator. Agreement was reached. We agreed to be relocated by December 21, 2018... The park’s Attorneys wanted us to send our “Answers” to the UD and the “Request for Waiver of Court Fees” to them instead of submitting them to the Court as the forms instruct. Neither of us had been through an Eviction before and we Almost did what they asked. Ultimately we submitted them to the Court.

OCTOBER 30: We received the “Stipulation”, signed by the Attorneys and the Management Company, to review & sign but it was missing the half of the paragraph containing Date & Time by which the Signed Stipulation must be received by the Attorneys and half of another page was duplicated onto the next page. We sent it back, through Mediator, for corrections.

And the Attorneys’ “Revisions” began:
OCTOBER 31: We received the “Corrected” Stipulation…The missing first half of “Item 1” instructions for Page 2 has been inserted on Page 1, Replacing the “no fault” statement and October 29th had been inserted next to our Signature lines. Concerns were voiced to the Mediator and it went back to the Attorneys again;
NOVEMBER 01: again we receive the “Corrected” Stipulation through the Mediator; the “no fault” statement returned to Page 1 and “Item 1” instructions complete where it belongs but wording has been changed throughout the 18 points of agreement on Pages 2-5 changing the interpretation of the mediated “agreement” Now it is beyond tedious. Per the Mediator we again returned it for restoration to the Original Mediated Agreement;
November 02: It’s Back (and everything but the Civil Code they are “citing” has been returned to the words of the Original Mediated “Agreement”) to be signed, dated and to the Attorneys by November 6th. It is and on time. But…the Attorneys are not done.
November 06: After we signed, emailed and mailed Original to the Attorneys we
received another Revision asking us to sign & return it: One of the Attorney Names had been changed, “Civil Limited Jurisdiction” had been removed leaving only “Superior Court” and the County, the name of the park (plaintiff) now had “a California Limited Liability Company” following the “LLC” , etc.
Back to the Mediator who thought she was done.
November 21: Received one more and now this one showed a “Status Conference” Date of December 21st.
After receiving the Post-Signing revisions of Nov. 6th and then Nov. 21st my husband went to several law offices trying to get anyone to look at these and asking if this is Legal or if the “Stipulation Agreements” are valid after all of this? No Attorneys would even look at them.

Email from the park’s Attorney states signed Stipulation to be returned to them by December 23, 2018 (which made no sense either).

December 06: Under Threat that the Attorneys communicated to us through the Mediator we Signed, emailed and USPS mailed Original to the Attorneys.
The “Agreements” were that they would file No Judgments” until After December 21st.

December 21: My husband went to the Court for the “Status Conference” that was stated on the Last Revision, 8am, Dec.21, 2018, Dept. CCF. Nothing was Calendared. He had taken All of the “Stipulation Agreements” and Revisions with him but No “Status Conference” and no Clerks or Court Advocates would even talk with him.
We have since learned that Attorneys Got “Default Judgment from the Clerk on Dec. 7th and a Writ of Execution has been issued.

I went Too Long anyway, didn’t I?

I /We were okay with being away from this place and moving on and healing but Now it is going too far…Is what they have done After November 06, 2018 when we Signed and Returned the “Stipulation” Agreement Legal? Is it making a Mockery of the Inland Fair Housing & Mediation Board? And now it has come to my attention that It Appears that “Alternative Dispute Resolution” (Mediation) is NOT a program supported by the San Bernardino County Superior Court for Civil Cases? Only for “Family Law”?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
View detailed profiles of: